Chapter 41

I woke up in the middle of the night and I cried to myself. I think I was silent enough though.
Beth's room is right next to mine.

My mom is dead. I am not able to accept that.

I walk out of my room and hear sniffling.

I look in Carl's room and there he is.

Crying. I walk in and sit on his bed. He's startled at first and looks up at me.
I think he see's my red face because he sits up with me.
I hug him. He cries into my shoulder and I cry into his. I am guessing we're pretty loud because Dad comes in next.

He sits down with us.
"It's okay. Just let it out." he said hugging us both.

"Anytime you have to cry, cry, it's not okay too keep these feelings inside." he said to us.

I nodded my head and got up.

I walked back down to my cell and fall asleep.

__________

When I woke up I stayed lying down in bed for a while.

I walked outside the cell cautiously. I heard Talking from downstairs so I went down there.

Everything went silent.

They were all eating oatmeal so I acted like I didn't know they were watching and ate some silently.

I heard footsteps coming and I turned to see dad.

"Everybody okay?" He asked slowly that when everyone turned around. Beth held the baby who was kicking slightly.

"Yeah we are." Maggie said.

"What about you?" Hershel asked dad.

Dad walked over to where me and Carl were sitting.

"Cleared out the boiler block." Dad answered he stared at us while we stared at him.

"How many were there?" Daryl asked.

"I don't know, a dozen? Two dozen? I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl and Lizzie." Dad said as he turned around.

"Rick we can handle taking out the bodies. Okay, you don't have too." Glenn said.

"No, I do. Does everybody have a gun and a knife?" Dad asked.

"Yeah low on ammo though." Daryl answered.

"Maggie and I were planning on making a run this after noon. We found a phone book. Some places we can hit for bullets and formula." Glenn said.

"We cleared the generator room. Axel is in there trying to fix it. In case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels too." Daryl said as he sat on the steps.
"Rick." Hershel called but Dad shut the door and walked away.