Chapter 43

"Why?"
"Carl is not acting like himself and it's hurting me, Literally." I said showing her my back.

"Ouch. Come on." she said.

She dragged me down the steps and we walked into the prison.

"You know, I feel happy now. I'm going back outside."
Everyone stared as I walked out the door.

I went to the graves I sat at moms. I made a heart with the dug up dirt and I heard footsteps behind me.
I turned around and saw dad. I followed him inside and he quietly entered the room.

He looked at everyone in the room.

Beth, Carl, Hershel, me and Baby.

He started to walk towards Hershel.
He wiped his eye and graciously took Baby from Hershel.

She kicked slightly and made some noise. Dad softly talked to her as he held her and looked at her. He held her up almost lion king style then he held her normally.

He kissed the top of Baby's head and I smiled.

Dad was back.

We all walked outside Carl stood on one side of dad and Baby and I stood on the other.

I watched as dad looked to Baby, Carl, me then back to Baby. I turned to the fence to see a fleck of red near the walkers.

I decided I would walk closer.

As I got closer I noticed the basket was full of baby formula and the walker carrying it wasn't a walker. It was a woman.

How the walkers didn't tear her to shreds? I'll never know. She was right there standing in the middle of like 5 walkers.

She put he hand down to get upper leg and back and I saw that she was shot.

A walker came at her and she limped back pulling out a kick-ass katana and sliced its head off.

"Should we help her?" Carl asked from behind me.

She dropped her bag and started to fight off the walkers.

While doing that she stumbled over and fell down. I shot the walker that got close to her with my bow and dad opened the gate.

Carl, Myself and dad went to go help her.

Carl went for the basket as me and dad helped her.

Once we got in I held up the woman and dad closed the gate.

For the first time I had seen her face we looked at each other.

"Lizzie?" She said
"Michonne." I whispered.