Chapter 13

"Stay quiet stay sharp keep space in between you but always stay within sight of each other. Dale, keep working on that RV we need to get it ready to move." I heard Dad say from outside.
"I won't stay here a minute longer than we have to. Good luck out there. Being Sophia back." Dale said.
"Lizzie are you coming?" Dad asked. I nodded walking out of the RV even though he couldn't see me.

We walked through the woods with Andrea and I in a sour mood. I was up front in between Daryl and Dad. I had my hatchet in hand as I walked. I watched as Daryl hunted for tracks but didn't see any.
"Is that a tent?" I asked as we got closer to something. sure enough it was a tent.
Daryl Dad and Shane went up to the tent and I pulled my gun out.
Glenn was about to take the gun away when Dad called for Carol. we all went over to where she was and I kept my gun trained on the tent.
Carol had called out Sophia's name a few times and Daryl started to unzip the tent. I made sure my gu was loaded and Shane took notice to it. He stared at me as I pointed the gun. Sophia wasn't in there. "Daryl?" Carol called out.
"Ain't her." He said.
"What's in there?" Andrea asked looking at my gun.
I lowered it and made sure the safety was on.
I put it back in my pocket and I knew Shane would take it away.
"Some guy did what Jenner said. Opted out." he said.
Shane walked over to me with his hand out.
"No." I said as he looked at me sternly.
"No! This is my gun and I know how to use it back off would you!" I yelled.
"You guys if anyone should have a gun it's her. Besides I think she has proven she's responsible enough. Most of us didn't even know she had a gun until now." Dad said. I smiled.
Andrea scoffed.
When we finished discussing I heard bells in the distance. They sounded like church bells Dad pointed in the direction and we started running.