Chapter 33

We woke up pretty early the next morning.

Apparently after I fell asleep dad decided that we would have to go hand to hand with the walkers inside the main entrance gate.

They would have to seal another gate to keep walkers out and then kill them all without guns.
Myself, Carl, Beth, mom Carol and Hershel be outside killing the walkers by the fence to try make a small dent or something.

Hershel opened the gate and they were off. a they stayed in formation killing all the walkers they could. We killed as many as were there and then they started to go for our group.

I killed some and waited for them to come back.

They came into view but we're talking about something. They approached the door and went in.

It felt like forever while we waited but they finally came back out and told us to follow them.

We walked improvs cell block. It had a small little cafe place and a bunch of rooms through another door. It was actually pretty nice for a prison.

We all went upstairs right near the stairs that Daryl wanted because he wasn't a wild animal and didn't want to sleep in a cage.

Carl wanted to bunk with me but I shook him off I am staying with Alexis.

We went to a cell and shut the door.

I saw a crate and I set a picture of my family on it.

"Lexi you get the top, Just in case anything bad happens the walkers won't get you." I said to her. She nodded.

I walked out of the cell and asked dad if he had found any wood.

"No but there is a log outside you can cut up with Glenn's axe."

I nodded and asked Glenn for his axe. He kindly let me and I started chopping the log.

When it was fully chopped I half I pulled out my knife and smoothed it out.

I ran back into my cell and nailed the wood onto the top bunk so Alexis wouldn't fall out.

I put a sheet over it so she wouldn't get a sliver.

Lexi was tired so she had a nap and I sat in the room.

The guys went to look for an armory while the women and children and elders stayed behind.

I basically sat on my bed the whole time thinking of my best friend.

Renée. She was a few years older than me but no one cares about that.
She helped me through tough times and I really hope she isn't dead.