Chapter 30

"Maybe you people are better off without me. I say there's a place for us but maybe that's just another pipe dream. Maybe I'm foolin' myself again. Why don't you find out yourself. Send me a postcard! Go on there's the door. You think you can do better? Let's see how far you get." Dad said. His eyes drifted to me one time or another.

"No takers fine-" he started
I walked out the door.

All eyes were on me.

"That's a very like father like daughter move." Daryl said.

"This isn't a democracy anymore." Dad finished.

"Lizzie. Get back here."
I ignored him.
"Lizzie get back here!"
"LIZZE GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE." I turned around.

"Why? So my dad can boss everyone around again? I've lived my whole life with that and not being able to do anything. So when you put the offer out there. I fucking took it!" I yelled walking away.

It took them all a lot of persuading to get me to stay.

I grumpily sat down on the dirt.

______________________

We have been running for months. I've lost count.

Dad kicked in the door to another house and Daryl, T, Carl, Himself and I split up and searched the house for walkers.

I slowly make my way up the stairs. I go in a room, check it out, Kill any walkers and go to the next room.

I've done this so many times it doesn't even phase me when I kill a walker.

I walked back downstairs and Dad called the rest of the group.

Maggie and Glenn had come in halfway through the search.

I walked into the kitchen to see Carl.

He turned and pointed his gun.

"Well thanks." I sarcastically said and he smiled.

We searched through every single cabinet twice and the only thing we found was dog food.

We both looked at each other and sighed. Another day without food.

We walked into the living room where Carl grabbed the can opener and started opening the cans.
Dad grabbed them from him and threw them in the fireplace.
No way was he gonna feed my pregnant mom dog food.

Mom was getting close to giving birth. I know that because her stomach is huge. She literally carries her stomach wherever she goes.

Everyone was disgustingly dirty but no one cares. We smell terrible too.

All the guys are growing beards accept Glenn, which I don't really understand, and Carl obviously.

Hershel looks a lot older with his beard.

His hair is actually pretty long too.

My hair touches my butt now and is growing really fast.

Carl's hair is long because Mom never really had time to cut it anymore.