Chapter 40

"Nope, no way, not her we ain't loosin' anybody else. I'm going for a run." Daryl said.
Hershel offered for me to hold her but I don't think I can handle it,
"I'll back you up." Maggie said slightly crying still.

"I'll go too." Glenn offered.

"Okay think where we're going. Beth, come here." Daryl said silently talking to Beth.

"You two get the fence. Too many pile up and we got ourselves a problem. Glenn, Maggie, vamonos!" Daryl said. I heard an axe move and I turned to see dad walking to the cell block."The gate. Come on! We're gonna loose the light!" Daryl said as I walked over to Carl.

Glenn had to stay behind so he and the prisoners started digging graves.

"I don't understand how you are being so strong right now, I am still crying." I said wiping a single tear from my eye.

"I had my cry in there." he mumbled. I could tell if he wanted to cry he would but he's being strong.

"Strong boy." I said to him.

I walked away and started to help digging graves.

____________

We waited for Maggie and Daryl to come back.
It was nighttime before they came back. The baby started crying at sunset. I'm guessing she is starved by now.

Maggie went to make a bottle whereas Daryl walked over to Carl.

"How is she doing?" He asked.
Carl gave the baby to him and she immediately stopped crying in his arms.

She started up again when the bottle got close. We smiled when she finally got the bottle.

"She got a name yet?" Daryl asks as he rocks her gently.

"Not yet, I was thinking maybe Sophia. Carol too. Andrea, Amy, Jacqui, Patricia or Lori." Carl said as he turned away.

"You like that? Huh? Little Ass Kicker." Daryl said.

"Right? That's a good name right?" He asked.
I smiled.

"Like that? Like that little ass kicker? Huh? You like that sweetheart?" Daryl carried her around almost all night. She eventually fell asleep in his arms.

Lexi came through the door. She walked right over too me.

"Does she have a name yet?" She asked.

"Yep, It Little ass kicker." Daryl said.

"That's 3 names." Lexi yawned.

"Let's get you to bed." I said. I grabbed Lexi's hand and we walked up to our room.

"Goodnight." I said as she drifted off to sleep on her bed.