Chapter 29

"Who is that?" I heard mom ask.

"This is a little girl I used to babysit, Alexis." I said.

She smiled at them and I set her down.
"Stay close." I said to her. She nodded.

Dad walked away and mom went after him. I brought Carl closer to me. I looked to see Mom who was once comforting dad was now pushing him away.

Dad told us we are staying in a small makeshift thing for the night.

I don't know though. It was 4 walls like a normal room but there was an opening so you could go through.

T stood on top of a wall as a look out and we built a fire.

Dad went to hunt or something.

"We're not safe with him keeping something like that from us. Why do you need him. He's just gonna pull you down." Carol asked as I snuggled Alexis closer to me.

"Nah Rick's don't alright by me." Daryl said.

"Your his henchman and I'm a burden." Carol said.

"What do you want?" Daryl asked.

"A man of honor." She answered.

"Rick has honor." Daryl said.

Maggie, Glenn, Beth and Hershel talked a bit then there was a noise from outside the wall.

"What was that?" Beth asked.

"Could be anything a coon, A possum." Daryl said.

"A walker." Glenn added.
"A man." I said.

I saw dad walk into the entrance upon the making of the noise.

"We need to leave." Carol said. "I mean what are we waiting for?" Carol asked. I saw T point in the direction of the noise.

"It came from the direction we came from." Maggie said.

"The last thing we need is everyone running off in the dark. We don't have the vehicles and no one is traveling on foot." Dad said as another branch broke off in the direction.

"I'm not. I'm not waiting for another herd to blow through. We need to move. Now." Maggie said in an authorities tone. Dad didn't like it.

"No one is going anywhere." Dad said angrily.

"Do something!" Carol yelled.

"I am doing something! I'm keeping this group together, alive. I've been doing that all Along, no matter what. I didn't ask for this! I killed my best friend for you people for Christ sake!" Dad yelled and everyone stared at him.

"You saw what he was like. How he pushed me. How he compromised us. How he treated us. How he hurt my daughter-"

"He didn't hurt me." I said.

"He sure as hell tried to."

"He staged the whole Randell thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back. He gave me no choice! He was my friend but he came after me. My hands are clean!" Dad said. Silence started.