Chapter 49

Just as we were about to walk in, we heard shots. Dad opened the door and we saw people running around and panicking all around us.
At least it would help is blend in a little better.

We quickly snuck down into a building with a basement and I followed dad with my gun raised as we made our way towards the shots.

We stopped at the corner as someone passed by us and we quickly snuck over to the window.

I heard a raspy mans voice and some whimpering. oh god no.

I heard Glenn's voice and I knew it was them.

Dad knew too, he turned and nodded the rest of the group.
We heard them walking towards us and Dad pushed me and Reneè behind a wall. They threw smoke bombs. It went of loudly and I saw them all fall. Dad, Daryl and Michonne went to get Glenn and Maggie, whereas me, Reneè and Oscar are shooting.
We were firing as they were firing back.

Dad, Daryl and Michonne came back with Glenn and Maggie. Glenn literally dropped to the floor. He was bleeding and bruised.

"There's no way out back here." Daryl said, pacing the room.

"Rick how did you find us?" Maggie asked. Dad avoided the question by asking how hurt Glenn was.

"I'll be alright." he replied. Maggie pointed out that Michonne was gone.

Dad pointed out that she was following us but Oscar tried to be reasonable in saying that she could have been spotted and had to flee or we would all get caught. They decided not to go and look for her and we headed for the car. I don't even know how we will all fit but oh well.

"Daryl." Glenn said. "This was Merle."

"Hold up." I said.
"That son of a bitch is still alive?!"

"So, my brothers this governor?" Daryl asked.

"No, he's somebody else. Your brother is his lieutenant or something." Maggie answered for him.

"Does he know I'm still with you?" Daryl asked. They nodded.

"He does now. Rick, I'm sorry. We told him where the prison was, we couldn't hold out." Glenn said quickly. Rick quickly accepted.

We all started to walk out but Daryl objected.

"Hey, if my brothers in there I need to see him."

"Not now, we are in hostile territory. Dad said and Daryl looked upset.

"He's my brother, he ain't gonna try-" Daryl was rudely interrupted.

"We can't, we gotta get out of here, now." Dad said angrily.

"Maybe I can talk to him and work something out." Daryl said.
"No no no, your not thinking straight. Look, no matter what they say, they're hurt. Glenn can barely walk, How are we gonna make it out if we get overrun by walkers or this governor catches us? I need you, are you with me?" Dad asked and Daryl agreed.

We are off.