Chapter 10

"You have no idea what this is? Do you?" Andrea asked as she started to move around.
"It could be microbial, viral, parasitic, fungal." Jenner started.
"Or the wrath of God." Jacqui said.
I wouldn't have thought Jacqui was religious but I guess she is.
"There is that." Jenner said.
"Somebody must know something, somebody, somewhere." Andrea said with desperation in her voice.
"There are others right? Other facilities?" I asked. Jenner just looked around.
"There may be some people like me." Jenner said optimistically.

"But you don't know? How can you not know?" I asked.
"Everything went down, communications, directories, all of it.
I've been in the dark for almost a month." Jenner said.
"So it's not just here. There is nothing left anywhere? Nothing? That's what your saying right?" Andrea asked.
I looked over at Carl to see he was beginning to Get upset. He didn't understand what's happening.

"Man imma, get shitface drunk again." Daryl said.
I smiled.
"Doctor Jenner? I know this is taxing for you and I hate to ask just one more question but that clock is counting down what happens at zero?" Dale asked as he walked towards it.
"theres only an hour left." I said.
"The basement generators run out of fuel." Jenner said as if trying to get off the topic.
"And then?" Dad asked.
"Vi, what happens when the power runs out?" Dad asked the computer as Jenner walked away.
"When the power runs out, facility wide decontamination will occur." The robotic female voice said.
"I don't like this." I said
Dad sent everyone to there rooms and I went to mine.
I started packing up my bag and cleansing myself one last time, I did not like the sound of what Vi said so I'm packing.

I walk to my moms room and sit on the couch in there.
"Mom what's decontamination?" Carl asked.
"Nothing honey." mom said.
Just then the lights went out.
I grabbed Carl's hand and mom grabbed the other.
Everyone was out in the hallway asking questions.
I told mom and Carl to pack there stuff and in about 20 minutes we were ready.
We ran to the big doors but they slid shut.
"DAD!!!" I screamed.
I heard dad scream my name and bang on the door but they couldn't get to us.
This isn't happening! They locked them in and us out! Now we're all going to die and I wasn't going to see my dad again.
I sat down on the floor and listened to the group on the other side.
"YOU GUYS IF YOUR THERE GET OUT OF HERE NOW GET TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE AND BREAK THE GLASS WINDOWS. ILL BE THERE WITH YOU IN A FEW MINUTES GO!!" I heard Dad yell.
Me Carl mom Carol and Sophia ran down to the front entrance just to see it explode open.
"Come on!!!" Daryl yelled we all ran out.
I looked around to see Carl was still in the building. The clock was set for about 3 minutes.
"CARL!" Dad yelled.
"I'll get him!" I screamed running back to the window.
There was about 1:30 seconds left and Carl was stuck under the rubbleI quickly duh him out just as Dale and Andrea came out.
"DUCK DOWN!" Everyone yelled. Carl ducked to the ground and I hovered over him protecting him, I'm not letting my brother die.
I waited 10 seconds until I felt the heat rise I heard the building blow up and I was instantly sweating.
After about a minute we all got up and I realized Jacqui wasn't here.
"Jacqui stayed." Andrea
Said.
We all hopped into a vehicle. Me and Dad were in the RV where as Mom and Carl were in a truck.
I hovered at the back of the RV until Shane came to sit next to me.
"You okay?" He asked. I shook my head no.
"Why?" He asked.
I didn't answer.
"Why?" Shane asked again.
"Answer me lizzie." Shane raised his tone.
"Damn it Shane leave her alone!" Glenn yelled. Shane got up and sat next to Dale.