Chapter 22

It had been a week since Randell was found. He woke up and is now healing. Dad and Shane took him out today. They said they are going to leave him far away so that he doesn't know where we are but still has a small chance of living.
I haven't actually talked to him but when they were moving him, I walked past the car and he smiled and waved.

Nothing has really happened this week. Turns out Hershel has a lot of medical books. I asked if I could read some while my leg was healing and he gladly let me.

I have been practicing knife throwing. I would cut a simple X in a tree and try to hit the centre of it. I've gotten it at least 15 times.

Daryl has been on a hunting trip for 3 or 4 days. Even if we have veggies, fruits and dairy we still need meat.
____________

I heard faint screaming coming from the outside. I went to go and check it out. I saw Maggie and Beth crying and screaming at each other and Andrea and Mom arguing.
Oh jeez.
"What's going on?" I asked mom and Andrea as they finally stopped arguing.
"Nothing. Beth is just having a rough time."
Mom said and I nodded.
"What are you guys arguing about though?" I asked.
"Nothing go make yourself useful." Andrea snapped.
I sighed and walked into the shade under a tree.

I soon heard a car engine and I knew Dad and ugh Shane were back without Randell.

I heard a muffled cry. "Shut up do you hear me shut up." I heard Shane say.
I heard Dad grunt as he carried something.
I didn't move though.
I am going to take a wild guess and say they didn't leave Randell.
I heard cuffs lock and I knew they locked him in the barn.I watched Daryl walk out of the barn with his crossbow and angel wing vest.
I still sat under the tree.
"The boy there's got a gang. 30 men. They got heavy artillery and the ain't lookin' to make friends they roll through here, our boys are dead, and our women, well they're gonna wish they were." Daryl informed the group.
"What did you do?" Carol asked. Eyeing up his bloody hands.

"Had a little chat." Daryl said as he walked away.

"No one goes near this guy." Dad said.
Now I bet Shane is going to say something to me.
"Rick, what are you going to do?" Mom asked.
"We have no choice, he's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat." dad said and almost everyone agreed.
"You can kill him." I said coming out from behind the tree.
"He's a man, a survivor like us he's trying to survive. How can he survive when we're, I mean, your all trying to kill him?" I asked.
"You keep your mouth shut missy." Shane threatened.
"Shane." Mom said, stopping him.
"So your just going to kill him?" Dale asked.
"So it's settled. We'll do it today." Dad said completely ignoring me and Dale.