The Mystery~ [Prologue]

THIRD PERSON POV

"Mommy! I found a daisy! Look!" A seven year old girl ran towards her mother who was currently making a dress for the upcoming Moon Festival in Moon Kingdom. They lived by the South.

"You can just put it on the table, my dear. I'm a little busy right now." Her mother, Cassandra sweetly told her, yet the little girl still urged her mother to look at the tiny flower.

"But mommy, there's something weird with this daisy. It's red!" The young girl squealed. Cassandra froze, her hands paused from doing work.

She made a quick look at the said flower that was resting on her daughter's palm. She then felt nervousness rushing down her spine. In haste, she took the flower and crushed it with her bare hands, her child clueless at what her parent just did.

Cassandra faced her daughter and softly asked, "Where did you get that flower?"

"At Father's garden. It was glowing when I saw it!" Her daughter answered, feeling astonished as she remembered her little self picking it up.

Little did she know, her mother began to worry.

~~~~~

Evening came, the night before the Moon Festival.

Cassandra gazed at her sweet daughter, sleeping in bliss. She tucked her up on her bed and left the house. As she is heading towards her husband's garden, her mind clouded with thoughts.

She remembered something from the long gone past. The past she remembered hindered words.

The wizards back at where she used to live, told her lots of stories of magic, powers, and curses. And what she just saw with her own eyes, was a curse that involves her very own daughter.

A myth from a long time ago, as said by one wise wizard, stated how witches, who were seeking revenge, plant cursed flowers and wait for young children to pick them up. As they do, the curse from these flowers flow slowly towards the children's fate, and that this will forever change their life.

No one believed the myth, but Cassandra does. For this happened to her younger sister, Hildigar.

At the age of 18, Hildigar became a beast, with powers so strong and plenty that no one is brave enough to face her. She could have used her powers for good, but she became helpless and hopeless, because of love.

Cassandra then remembered her husband, who died because of her sister's recklessness. Because of what she did, she was banished from the Mystery Planet, or mostly known as Fushigi Boshi. She was banished from everyone, and banished to the point she died without anyone knowing she past away.

She felt shivers going down on her spine again as she remembered how her daughter glowed with delight while shoving the weird-looking flower in front of her. The same flower her sister picked up at such a young age.

Cassandra doesn't want her daughter to experience the same fate.

She heard suspicious taps on the ground. Her instinct getting the best of her, she turned around and saw a lady grinning at her. The lady wore a dark coat, have hair so long yet so messy, have nails sharp like lion's claws, and was holding a crystal ball.

"How did you get here?!" She asked, her body boiling at the sight of this old lady. The same lady who cursed her beloved sister.

The lady continued to grin as she slowly raised her crystal ball up in the air. The glowing ball started to change color, suddenly revealing Cassandra's daughter, sleeping.