Chapter 17: Spells & Uncle Sam

YOONA

"I'm home Yoona!"

"Oh, you're back."

Uncle Sam just look at me with narrowed eyes as I continue sweeping the garden. Today's a no-class day so there aren't any students around for now. And Uncle Sam has just got back from his so-called vacation.

"What's with that emotionless greeting again? Nothing still changed?" He asked me. I pretend to ignore him and just continued sweeping. "Why don't you smile if I come back for once?" I hear him say so I got no choice but to do what I always do.

"Uncle, why don't you sit here for awhile so I could massage you? I'm sure you're very tired today." I told him with a very genuine smile only him can see. I rarely do this because my pride of always-looking-at-people-with-a-poker-face got in the way. Self-control is also one thing I need.

Uncle Sam smiled at me and sat down as I did the massage.

"You're still good at this." He complimented. I just ignored it and continued to massage him. "So, how's the week of being alone?" He asked.

"Fine, I guess. I got to own the house." I boldly told him. Yes, I treat my uncle as if he's someone my age. Uncle Sam doesn't mind anyway.

"You didn't wreck my room did you? You didn't get inside like I told you right?" He asked me while turning his head sideward.

"Yes and yes, like always, I did not get in." I replied. He then sighed in relief. Sometimes, I wonder what's inside his room. Every time he goes out of the house he'll always tell me not to get in his room. I tried to get in once and but I didn't know he placed dark wool cloth at the door knob. Because of that my hand got red because of my scratching since I'm allergic to black wool, especially if it did came from black sheep. Yes, I'm allergic to those kinds of things.

"Good. So, could you tell me who that person is? A new friend of yours?" He asked me while looking at my left. My eyebrows furrowed when he said the word friend but as soon as I look at the same direction, my eyes went big.

"Your majesty, what are you doing here?" I asked as I bow towards Prince Lay. He smiled at me and said a good morning to Uncle as he give me a green folder with a title, Natural and Secondary Spells. I look at him, confused.

"The Supervisor told me to give this to you. Since we will be having P.E. starting this Wednesday, you will have to know how to initiate this spells by using this stick." And he pulled out a dark stick made out of metal and gave it to me. "This stick is a special kind of wand that can help you build things. Just recite what's on the book and magic makes the rest." I look at this wand and I was a bit fascinated about it. "If you need my help on this, don't hesitate to come in our dorm alright?" I nodded. He bowed at me and walked out.

"Something did change." I look at Uncle Sam with narrowed eyes. "Your eyes tell me you knew him before. Have you met?"

"Uh, yes? And what do you mean by change Uncle?" I asked him as I open the book. It's actually big and a bit thick. How many spells are enlisted here anyway?

"Nothing, maybe its because you both have that the same mark near your eye." He said. I unconsciously touched it. I don't really pay much attention about this so I continued reading some spells. Uncle Sam then helped me.

~~~~~

"Are you really going to make a field, Yoona? It did say that it this will take 15 minutes." He asked me.

"Don't you worry Uncle! Perhaps you forgot about my powers, I can just make that field in just 10 minutes or less." I confidentally say to him. He just shrugged my shoulders at me and sat comfortably on the chair with his legs on the table beside him.