☀️ Chapter 13 ☀️

"Of coarse- I mean umm.. yeah, but.. well.." He rambled on, his head spinning a little. He can't lie, just as I thought. You release the boys hand. "I'm sorry (Y/n)." The boy said putting his arm on your back. "No..." You said, rubbing your eyes. "Don't cry!" Sun said, his legs jumping frantically in a panic.

The boys expression changed from pity to an idea.
"Hey sun, is the nap event still happening?" He asked. Sun looked down at him. "Of coarse, it's not like I can cancel it!" Sun said. "Is it okay if (Y/n) stays here? Just for the night." The boy asked, looking over at me then back at sun. "But she didn't— oh.. I don't know if I can lie.." Sun said, panicking.

"I mean, the security guards always come and ask who's staying.. if I lie it'll be painfully obvious!"
You think for a moment. My mother left me? But.. why? I don't understand. Sun looked over at you.
"On another subject, how did you know your mother was missing?" Sun asked, crouching down so his tall frame could be eye-to-eye with you. Without a word you hand Sun your mothers phone.

"My fathers messages." You said. He looked at the phone and went quiet. "I think, I might understand." He said. "Let me look!" The boy exclaimed, snatching the phone from Suns tight grasp. "Huh." The boy said. His eyes widened for a second.
"It sounds like your parents are divorcing." He said calmly. What. Your heart sank. "Ah! I said that far too casually! I'm sorry!" He shouted frantically. You grabbed the phone and read the messages again.

If that's the case, my mother was meant to look after to me.. while my father looked after my sister.
Was it— no, was I too much for my mother?
You slowly realize that she's not coming back.
The way my mother treated me this morning.
You look down at your torn skirt. "Why.." You mumbled, your voice beginning to break.

As your tears fell onto your skirt, the only sound are the kids shouting in the back. Please just be quiet. You want to verbalize your words but you can't.
You've never been good with loud noises, they've always annoyed or upset you. Please.
"Everyone be quiet!" The boy shouted, no one listened. Your head was spinning, you felt dizzy.
Make it stop, I want my mama! I-I hate this!

"EVERYONE BE QUIET." The sudden voice shocked you, but the silence after was relieving.
"Sun?" The boy said, sounding slightly afraid.
Sun stood there, motionless. "Ah!" Sun said, looking at the other children. They stood there, staring at him. They didn't say a word. "U-uhh.." Sun was clearly embarrassed, but you were thankful.

The children went back to what they were doing, but instead of screaming they were whispering. "I don't know.. what just happened, a malfunction?" Sun said, covering his face with his hands. "I-it's alright!" The boy said. "Just scared me a bit haha.." The boy laughed nervously. Sun bowed at the other children as an apology. "I'll try my best to uhh.. lie." Sun said, scratching his head, causing his spikes to retract a little.

"Ah look the time!" Sun says, looking at the other children, who are still whispering. "It's time to go home kids!" He says with a clap. They whine, then line up at the door. The children's parents came rolling in, one by one the children left the Daycare. A few stayed for the nap-time event but not that many.
For some reason, you still had a prayer in your heart that your mother would return. She didn't.

Sun walks over to a cabinet near the shoe rack and starts to look through it, his face looks somewhat nervous. Suddenly the Daycare doors swung open.
"Who's staying tonight?" Says a familiar voice.
It's the security guard from last time! Looking at her wander around made you angry, you couldn't forgive her for what she tried to do. Sun looks at you then looks back at her. "J-Just these kids." He said, his voice glitching a little. Her expression changed.

"You feeling alright?" The lady said, examining Sun closer. He nodded. "Hm, alright then." She said turning around, her blonde hair swinging in the air.
She opened the door, but before she left she turned around. She did a weird motion with her hands, like she was counting the number of children who were staying. Does she know something's up? She turned back around and slammed the door behind her. Phew.. You look at Sun and the boy, they both look relieved. Huh.. speaking of which.

"I never got your name." You mumble, still upset. The boy looked at you, surprised. "Ah right! My names Dylan!" He said with a grin. Being maround him cheered you up slightly. You look over at Sun.
Something isn't quite right with him.