☀️ Chapter 20 ☀️

Flick.. flick.. The lights fluttered on and off, Sun began to grip his head and scream. Suddenly Gregory threw Dylan over his shoulders and grabbed my hand. He sprinted to the Daycare door, dragging me along with him. "Damn it really is locked!" Gregory shouted. "No! We have to get out!" You shout. Suddenly Gregory's face changed, he had an idea.

Dylan was still out cold, so Gregory had to think fast.
"I have an idea but you'll HAVE to trust me!" He shouts. I don't.. I don't know if I.. "Alright! I don't have much choice right now do I?!" You yell back.
Sun's screams suddenly go quiet as the room flashes to a pitch black void. "Hahahaha.."
A faint red glow was seen dancing in the darkness.
"Now don't panic. I need you to take Dylan and wait beside the door." Gregory whispered to you, keeping his eyes locked on Moon.

"But what about you?!" You whisper. "Don't worry, I'll be out the moment that door opens. Just make sure you DONT stand in front of the door." He answers, putting Dylan down and giving you a hug. "Okay.. just be safe!" You grab Dylan and hug him close to your chest. You drag him behind the security desk just beside the Daycare door. You'll be alright Dylan, I'll protect you. "Hey moon-ster! Come here!" Gregory shouts, standing in front of the Daycare door. He keeps his face facing moon.

He gives you a quick glance and smiles. "It'll be fine." He whispers. "Naughty boy. It's far past your bedtime." Moon chuckles, suddenly the ground began to shake. Moons sprinting at him!! THUD THUD THUD THUD. Moon was seconds away from slashing Gregory's chest, but Gregory swiftly jumped out of the way. Moon crashed through the Daycare door, the wooden pieces gathering on the outside floor.

Gregory was puffed out, gasping for air. That must've been terrifying! You glance over at Dylan and feel his pulse. Phew.. he's alright. You approach Gregory, he was laying on the floor. "You alright?" You nervously ask. "Yeah, my face kinda stings though." With the Daycare door open, the outside lights shone onto Gregory's face. "Ah! Your scratched!" You exclaim, running up to Gregory and helping him up. "He missed my chest but got my face, how disappointing.." Gregory laughed.

He had a thin red slash across his face, dark blood dripped onto his blue shirt. "Think it'll scar?" He asked, wiping the blood with the sleeve of his t-shirt.
You shake your head, though in reality it looked like it could. You look back at the play place, with the door shattered light shone onto the plastic walls.
Wait.. light? "Sun!" You exclaim, swinging your head towards the now broken door.

Sun was collapsed on the floor, covered in broken wood. You shook Sun slightly, he didn't move.
"Sun are you alright?!" You shout. He still just laid their, motionless. You grabbed his shoulders and attempted to help him up. "No use, he's too heavy. Let me help." Gregory recommended. You and Gregory both lift him up into a sitting position.
You and Gregory pushed him up against the wall right outside of the door.

His head hung low, like he was unconscious.
"Sun!!" You screamed. Tears fell off of your eyes, landing on his cheeks. He began to jitter, his arms shaking almost as if he'd experienced something terrible, which by right he did. Sun? Please.. don't die. "It's just a robot.." Gregory said, rubbing his eyes. It's almost as if he was trying to convince himself. "No. He's my friend." You reply.

"I-I can't except this!" Gregory looks away from Sun and looks at you. "Maybe.. maybe he ran out of battery?" Gregory mumbled. You gasped. "Your right! If we can find out what he charges on he can come back!" You shout in relief. "A charging station?" You recommend. "No.. I don't think so. I think that he might run on a liquid of some sort." Gregory said, attempting to flip Sun over.

You and Gregory grab one of Suns sides and begin to flip around his torso. You see something on his back, something you've seen before. "Is that.. a little hatch?" You ask. "It looks like a fuel tank, like the one on the back of a car." Gregory insisted. "Then again I could be wrong, I don't see a lot of cars." He said somewhat sadly. A fuel tank.

You open the little hatch and to your surprise it looked like exactly what Gregory said. I don't think this runs on gasoline. "Hey Greg, any idea what this needs?" You ask, scanning Sun's back torso with your eyes. "This going to sound dumb but.." Gregory suddenly points to a small drawing above the open hatch. It looked like.. a bottle? "It's a bottle.. or tube?" You say, confused. "Not just any tube-bottle, a glue tube-bottle." Gregory says quite confidently.

"You don't think.." You say, facepalming. "Yup."