☀️ Chapter 24 ☀️

"That's Chica!" Gregory whispered, fear lingering in his cracked voice. Sun nodded, aware. He lifted his hand off of your mouth as her thumping footsteps got quieter. "Isn't Chica good? Like Freddy?" You whisper. "Something wasn't right." Sun replied, sounding unsure himself. "I'm not aloud out of the Daycare very often, but I have met Chica before." Sun explains, slowly crawling out of the Photo Booth. You both follow him. "Hey, before I finish.. Dylan, do you think you could wait in this Photo Booth?" Sun asked, lifting him off of his back.

He gently placed Dylan into the Photo Booth and laid him down. "But I wanna help.." Dylan muttered, still keeping his voice down. "I know Dylan.. but in the state your in you can't do much." Sun said, sounding stern but strangely sweet. Dylan stuck out his lower lip then nodded. "Okay.." He replied, wiping his teary eyes. "You'll be safe here, we won't be long." Sun said, giving him one last pat on the head before shutting the booths curtain.

You continued to follow Sun mindlessly as he chatted with Gregory about where exactly they should head. It felt like you were wandering in circles. I mean.. you probably were! You just couldn't get your mind off of your mother.. off of.. everything. What I don't understand is that.. I thought she loved me. She did.. didn't she? Was all the love forced? Just to make my father happy? What about my sister? How's she handling this?

My father sounded worried in those messages.. is he coming to get me? Will I live with him from now on? After he hears everything that happened here, at the Daycare.. will he send me here anymore?
Will I.. ever get to see Sun again? What about Gregory? Does he have a phone I could contact him on? Does Dylan? Probably not. His father seems incredibly strict. I don't know what's going to happen.
I'm so powerless in this world. I cant do anything!

"Ah!" You shout in surprise, someone placed their metallic hand on you. "You okay sunshine?" Sun said, kneeling down and placing his hand on your shoulder. "Yeah." You choked out, embarrassing yourself. Your voice broke as you spoke so it was quite obvious you were on the verge of tears.
"It'll be okay." He wraps his long arms around you and gives you a squeeze. "I may have failed to protect Dylan.. but I'll.." Before he could finish you interrupted him.

"No. I'm sorry for saying that stuff.. your not useless." You say, hugging him back. You couldn't really give him as tight of a squeeze as you wanted to since he was made out of hard iron. Sun released you from his arms. "Once this is over, I'll work out everything. Don't worry sweetheart!" Sun cheered, patting you on the head. You don't understand how much I needed to hear that. "Gregory, (Y/n), this whole time I've felt a strange force coming from that bunny lady. I've tried so hard to ignore it to the point where I couldn't feel or see the force anymore.. but maybe if I follow it we could find the children." Sun explained in detail.

"Force?" You ask. "Yeah.. like a.. hmm, you people would call it a err.. bad vibe." Sun began to go into heavy detail about how this force seemed like some sort of malicious code, a code following that bunny lady wherever she went. "If I follow it.. it could lead us to where the children are, chances are though.. it will also lead us to her." Sun explained in a nervous voice. "Why didn't you say this earlier?" Gregory asked. "I feel like the code could.. take over me. I feel like this is the same code that Moon was effected by.." Sun explained in worry.

"I could never be responsible for.. hurting you." Sun said, looking at Gregory's scratch. "I've been glitching lately.. that virus could be why." Sun said, looking around our surroundings. We were standing outside of a place called Fazer-Blast. "I'm willing to sacrifice my programming if we can rescue those children, but if I malfunction and attack you.. be prepared to run away from me." Sun said, looking towards Fazer-Blast. "Sun you cant sacrifice yourself!" You shout, worried. I don't know what I'd do without you.. "I'm sure parts-and-service could patch me up! Or replace me altogether." Sun said, sounding a little too enthusiastic.

Replace you..? "I don't want them to replace you!" You say, latching onto his pants with your tiny hands.
"But im just a robot!" He replied, sounding more stressed. "With emotions!" Gregory shouts. Sun looks over at both of you and then looks away.
Did that conversation we had earlier effect him? Should I not have brought up the fact he was a robot? He already knew though.. so why?
Sun takes a long deep breath in then answers.
"Alright.. when we go in there I'll try.. I'll try to survive. I'll protect you and myself." Those words filled your heart. Thank you Sun. "Wait.. go in where?" You say, looking around.

"I came towards here because it seems like this is where she is." Sun replied, pointing to the Fazer-Blast doors.