☀️ Chapter 31 ☀️

The drive was longer then you thought it would be, probably because you were so eager to get inside.
"What if it's shut?" You ask, breaking the silence of the drive. Your father perked his head towards you, confused. "What do you mean? I'm sure it's open today." He's right but.. it's been a week. What if the Pizza-plex was shut down for good? I mean.. Vanny, she.. she died didn't she? That was because of me.
Does that make me a murderer? I'm only eight..

"Oh honey.. did you forget?" Your father said sweetly, attempting to lighten the mood. Hm?
"It's your birthday today!" He laughed. It is?!
I've been so caught up on everything.. I hadn't even remembered my own birthday. "So I'm nine?" You asked, knowing the answer. Your father nodded.
"Aaand we're here!" He said, pulling the car up at the front of the Pizza-plex.

You eagerly threw yourself to the car window, desperate to get inside. "Slow down there tiger!"
Your father finally parked the car. You tore off your seatbelt and swung open the car door. "Man your excited!" He laughed. My father wasn't normally as nice as my mother, after what had happened I guess he's striving to be a better dad. That's nice. Your sister stayed home for the drive, she knew this was a personal thing. You and your father entered the Pizza-plex.

It had a nice smell, like the smell of an AC turning on in boiling hot weather. Like the smell of a freshly opened can of paint. Your father signed some paperwork at the front desk, but it was strange.
He didn't have to sign those papers last time.
Is he going to abandon me too?! Your heart began to pound, your chest felt heavy. "You alright?" He said softly. "D-don't leave me!!" You shouted, clinging to his leg. The lady at the reception looked confused.

"Why would I leave you?!" He shouted, confused.
He got down on his knees and gave you a hug, you couldn't help but sob. "Please... dad.." You cried.
"Sweetheart... it was just new paperwork! I'm not signing you away. I would never do that." Those words felt almost meaningless. You knew he wasn't lying but even still, your mother who you trusted so dearly betrayed you.

He stood up and grabbed the paperwork. He straightened the paper out then placed it in front of your face. "See?" You took a good look and realized he wasn't lying. "Concerning the safety of your children, blah blah blah." This must be because of what happened to Dylan huh? I wonder how they covered that up. You took the paper and read it more. A kitchen accident? That's one way to cover up a stabbing.

You handed the paper back to your father and wiped your eyes. "It's okay, alright?" He said, patting your head. You nodded. He walked you over to the Daycares entrance, but then was stopped.
"No entrance. Sorry." A security guard said, brushing his hair out of his face. "No entrance?" Your father asked, clearly just as confused as you were.
"If the robot won't work we can't open the Daycare."
Wont work..? "W-what do you mean?" You nervously ask. "Hm?" The guard turned to you.

"Somethin' about the robot being sad, don't understand it myself." The guard laughed. "Listen kid, you'll have to try this place out when he cheers up." Sad? Cheers up? I need to get in there. "Okay." You mumbled. Your father looked towards you with a sad expression on his face. "I'm sorry dear.."
That's not going to stop me. Once the guard walked away you sprinted to the Daycare door. "Hey! What are you doing?" Your father shouted. "Visiting a friend!" You replied with a smile.

It automatically opened then shut behind you.
Sorry dad, but I got bigger fish to fry! You sprinted to the lobby and straight over to the slide. You didn't have time to admire the huge golden statue, you had to visit Sun. You threw yourself through the slide.
Once you fell into the ball pit you had one thing on your mind, where is Sun?