☀️ Chapter 32 ☀️

You had a good look around and took in your surroundings. You took a deep breath in, then a deep breath out. It was strange, being here all alone.
No children, no Gregory, no Dylan. It was quiet, which is all you originally wanted. Now it was eerily quiet, you could probably hear a pin drop! But it wasn't completely silent, of course there was the sound of you pulling yourself out of the ball-pit, but that strangely wasn't it. Like a breathing or.. sobbing? It was so quiet you could barely notice it.

"Sun?" You called out. Your voice echoed for a bit, but then the sobbing stopped. That sound.. it was coming from up there. You looked up and saw a red curtain of some sort, it had a small balcony that seemed to lead into some kind of room. How do I get up there? You looked around for a moment, then you deduced a plan.

There was play equipment that lead up pretty high, but not quite high enough. Just below the balcony there were giant lights shaped as clouds. If I can get high enough, I could jump onto those lights and climb up onto the balcony! Coming up with the plan was the easy part, but actually working my way up would prove to be challenging. You climbed through various play-places below the balcony, trying to work out which play-place was taller.

You finally found one you could get quite high up on.
You stretched your arms out far, but you just couldn't reach the cloud. You climbed down then looked around for anything you could stack to get higher.
Stack.. Ah! Something caught your eye, barrels?
They had sun and moon decors everywhere, the barrels alone were quite beautiful. They seemed to be storing toys and play-things, but they were also roughly heavy enough to stand on.

One by one you carried them up to the top of the play-place just below the balcony. After you finally dragged along the last barrel you felt quite exhausted, but you couldn't give up just yet. You carefully climbed the barrels, stepping as evenly as possible as to not fall. I'm really high up. You think for a moment whether a fall from this height could kill you. If I fall, I'll aim for the ball-pit.

You finally get to the top of the barrels, they shook under your feet. I'm gonna fall! I'm gonna fall! You felt the barrels slip out from under you, your head swung in the wind. You reached your hands out to grab anything, and eventually felt yourself grip something. "What are you doing?!" Sun shouted, pulling you upwards. Sun! He pulled you up into a room, a dirty room. There was various junk that littered the floor, plushies, piñatas, and even drawings. "Sun..?" You mumbled.

He pulled you into a tight hug, you could feel him tremble with worry. "I'm so happy to see you.."
"Sun.. we're you crying?" You felt bad bringing up something personal like that, but you had to know.
"Don't worry about me." Sun laughed. I physically can't. Your hugged him tighter, gripping his frilly fabric. "You alright sunshine?" He said, patting you on the back. "I'm so worried!" You shouted.

"You are? Or you were?" He asked, pulling you away and looking at you in the eyes. "I.. am." You responded truthfully. He looked down and sighed.
"It's okay sweetheart, Gregory and Dylan are safe."
That's not it. "What about Vanny?" Sun jumped in surprise. He was silent for a moment, he must've been wondering how to explain this to you. "She's.." He hesitated. "I'm sure she's fine."
Sun said, lying. "I know what I did Sun.. I know what I made you do.." You cried, the guilt finally setting in.

Sun looked away from you, you continued to sob.
"(Y/n), what I did isn't your fault." Sun mumbled sadly. Huh? What do you..? "But I.. I gave you the command!" You shouted, confused. "No you didn't." He replied. "That was my decision." Those words set in like a knife to the chest. "What do you.. what do you mean..?" He lifted you up then sat you down.
"In that moment.. when you gave me the request I-I lost control! But after that.. when I held her against the wall I.." He struggled to finish.