☀️ Chapter 28 ☀️

The name "Vanny" was spray-painted across the wall. Vanny? Is that her name? Before you can think or act Gregory pulls you away. "Hey! We can't go in there! She's got a knife and isn't distracted from the kids!" Gregory whispered in a panicked voice. You avert your gaze away for a moment, then look back at him. "We need to cause some sort of distraction." You say, looking around for anything that could be used. Do I have anything on me? You reach into your pockets and realize.

The phone! You take out your phone and enter the app called "Clock", you get an alarm ready but you don't play it yet. "I'll hide this phone somewhere out here, when she goes to look for it we'll scurry in and untie the children!" You explain. Gregory nods but his face shows lots of worry. "That sounds risky."
You think I don't realize that? "Right now, it's the best I can think of." You reply. It's worth a shot, who knows when she'll start killing off kids for fun?!

"Gregory, there's only two of them. We have to save them, it should be pretty easy to get two children to scurry through a vent.. right?" You say, hoping Gregory will agree. He just keeps his head low. "Your right. It's the only thing we can do, we can't wait for Sun, she could kill one of them by then!"
Gregory whispered. You both nod, then you continue the plan.

You set the alarm to one minute, that should give you some time to get ready. But before you press play you need to find a place for your phone to go.
You rush over to the far end of the metal bridge and place your phone under a large piece of lint that must've fallen from an air-vent. Before doing so you press play on the timer. You rush over to Gregory, trying to step as lightly as you can as to not make any unnecessary noise.

You duck beside the door, so when it opens you'll be completely out of sight, Gregory follows. You waited with anticipation, your heart almost beating out of your chest. It was nauseating the way your heart kept beating faster and faster. BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP. You set your alarm to the default iPhone one, that one was irritating enough to investigate, or you were praying it was.

Suddenly the alarm went off. Ding ding ding! Ding ding ding... Ding ding ding! Ding ding ding... The alarm looped and looped, making you feel almost sick. Suddenly the door slammed open, inches from hitting your face. She's out! You saw her tall frame walk past you. The moment her footsteps got quiet enough you hurried out from behind the door. She left her knife here! You grab the knife then slice the rope that had tied the children.

"Follow me into that vent! You'll be safe as long as your quick!" You instruct the two children. They nod, then scurry out. Before you too could exit the room you heard a scream. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" You sprinted out of the room, following the over children when suddenly you see a child being held up by the hair. Vanny, if that was even her name, was holding a child in a tight grasp, dangling them over the edge of the metal bridge. A fall from there would kill them!

Gregory jumped out from behind the door and watched in horror. She laughed horribly, then threw your phone over the edge. After a few seconds you heard your phone smash into pieces from way below. "Please!! Please let me go!!" The child screamed, flailing her legs over the edge. "Let you go?" Vanny laughed, releasing her pinky from the girls hair, she only had four fingers holding this girl up now. "No!! N-No! Please put me down!"

I have to do something! I-I You couldn't even think, you ran up to Vanny and wrapped your arms around her waist. You managed to pull her away from the ledge and make her drop the child onto the bridge but it didn't even matter. She got back up and shoved you away, you fell to the ground and hit your head on the metal gate-like floor. You watched powerlessly as the female child tried so desperately to crawl away. Vanny grabbed her by the shirt and continued to hang her over the ledge.

The other boy who had been captured was just standing there, along with Gregory. Do something! But no matter how angry or sad you were it didn't matter. None of it mattered. I cant talk. Look at me stand here. I'm next aren't I? I mean.. I lived a pretty good life.. right? No, I didn't even make it to 10! Heck, I didn't even make it to 9! I cant die now, not when I have my whole life ahead of me!

And that girl.. she's not much older.. she's so scared! You sit yourself up and attempt to stand but you fall to your knees. In this moment of powerlessness, the lack of power was a feeling you knew too well. You thought that this must be the end.
"Damn you!" You cursed at Vanny, but she just laughed. A blur, that's what your vision had resorted to. You couldn't see anything, not clearly at least.

But almost like a dream, a golden blur motioned in front of you at an insane speed.