Chapter 8: Dolores's eavesdropping saves a life

-CREDIT ALWAYS GOES TO THE CREATORS OF THE VIDEOS, IT'S NOT MINE!-

(Hello everyone! Thank you so much for the 1.5K views! I didn't expect to get so many people to read this when I started and I'm so happy that you're reading it! I slept really well last night, but I do have lots of homework... so I need to do that, later, of course, so this might be a little shorter than 2000, but as long as you enjoy it, it's all good. I've been putting off bringing the bad guys in cause we have such a good vibe going on right now, but I'm going to add them in now. Just letting you all know, I'm coming up with all this as I go, I don't go back to change anything in other chapters, I put it down and if it works, it works. Thanks again for reading, enjoy the extra-long chapter!)

CAMILO'S PERSPECTIVE:

She looked so happy, taking me from ride to ride. We had finally decided to take a little break.

"This has to be the best day ever," She said.

"Really?" I asked, smiling. She was smiling so widely and her eyes looked full of excitement.

"You literally took me to an amusement park with no lines, I feel like a kid again," She said, laying her head back on the bench.

"Thank you," She said.

"For what?" I asked. She opened her eyes to look at me.

"For taking me here, for being my friend, what is there not to be thankful for if it all lead to this moment?" Her eyes were sparkling.

"Y/n, I need to tell you something," I said.

"If it's about you being at the girl's night, I already forgave you," She said, closing her eyes again. I sighed in relief, but it wasn't what I was trying to get at.

"Y/n, look, I like you, like, really like you," I said, cringing at how cheesy I sounded. Wow, I sucked at this.

"I like you too Camilo, but you already know that, huh?" She said, smirking.

"Yeah, so... Can we greet each other the way your mom and Abuela do now?" He asked.

"You flirt," Was all she said. We sat there in comfortable silence for a while. I told her. I really told her. It felt great, but where did that leave us?

"Hey, I know you said we should sit for a while, but can we go on the Ferris wheel now?" She asked with a big smile.

"Let's go," I said. getting up and holding a hand out for her. She gracefully took it, but this time she intertwined our fingers and looked away, blushing. Adorable.

"What are you hiding Hermosa?" I teased.

"Just walk," She ordered.

"Yes ma'am," We got to the Farris wheel and got onto one of the carts, sitting on the same side beside each other. We looked out opposite windows but we were still holding hands. Every time I made myself aware that we were holding hands my face would get really warm.

"This place is huge!" Y/n said.

"It is, you could get lost if you're not paying attention."

"I feel like I'm forgetting something... But I'm not sure what it is..." Y/n said, shoot, the party, how long had we been here?

"My ma's going to kill me," She realized at the same time.

"Well, enjoy the rest of the ride, we can't jump off now," I said, trying to calm her down.