Chapter 37: The secret message in a bird

(Again, I have the time to write more of this story! I'm so glad to hear that so many of you are enjoying my story! So today my friend showed me a picture of a hot guy in her class. I was like, 'Meh, I can't date until I'm 16 so whatever, he'll be taken before he even knows my name,' And she was super excited, showing me a picture of him, "Look! Isn't he hot?! I could totally see you together! Want me to set you two up?" In my head, I'm like 'I'm chubby tho... wait, no, I'm not even allowed to date until I'm 16, you don't need to worry about that,' So I say "Meh, he's cute," And she's like, "Do you not find him attractive?!" At this point, she probably thinks I'm into girls, but I'm straight, so I gotta defend myself before she starts looking for girls to hook me up with. "He's got the hair..."

"Yeah, his hair is amazing, and look, he's muscular!" She said.

"His hands are hot,"

"Nice and veiny, and he's taller than you!"

"What about under the mask?"

"He's not mask fishing, he's actually good-looking!" I felt like she was trying to sell me something.

"I probably wouldn't be able to form words in his presence,"

"Yeah... I don't have the guts to talk to him to set you two up anyway... But he could be the love of your life!" And the thing is, she's right, he could totally be the love of my life, and that scares me, every guy I meet could potentially be the love of my life.

"Is he funny?" She shrugged at that. And THE THING IS... That is literally the visual description of my type, we're not gonna go much further into the personality so we'll leave it at 'funny'. But I realized at this moment, WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF HE'S SINGLE! Man, I went overboard for the author note today, sorry, let me get to the story! Love you all!)

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

"Worth a shot, SQUAWK!" Jack said.

"You taught him that? It didn't take long for him to learn at all," I said.

"Jack, say, THUNDER!" Camilo told the parrot. The bird tilted his head to the side.

"Me like Y/n!" It said, whistling.

"Ok, I did NOT teach him that!" Camilo said defensively, a little embarrassed.

"Yeah, it was me," Dolores snickered, closing the door behind her gently.

"Again, you're coming into my room without permission," Camilo said, annoyed Dolores had interrupted him showing off.

"Does she need a warrant or something just to come into your room?" I teased. He just looked confused. Riiiight, city word.

"Nevermind," I said. Dolores was smiling suspiciously.

"Hey, Jack, can you tell me what Camilo likes to do?" Camilo looked terrified.

"Camilo loves to kiss Y/n! Smooch, smooch, smooch!" It made kissing sounds and Dolores was laughing so hard tears were building up in her eyes. Camilo's face was red and he was trying to put the squirming bird back in his cage.

"Jack! Who's Camilo's favourite person?" Dolores choked out between fits of laughter.

"Y/n! Camilo looooooooves Y/n!" Camilo brought the cage back into his prop room and came back, glaring daggers at Dolores.

"Out," He said, hugging me from behind and resting his head on top of mine.

"Jack, sing the song!" She said, right before leaving. The bird started to scream something horrid about babies and a tree. Camilo covered my ears.

"Stop singing the song!" Camilo yelled back to the bird.

"Awww, are you embarrassed?" I teased. He rolled his eyes.

"Pffft, no," He said matter of factly. I held his face in my hands and he tried to look away.

"Uh hu," He gave up struggling and looked me in the eyes.

"Maybe a little, and now I can never let you see Jack again," He said grumpily.

"Please, you really think that bird has something on you?" His face flushed red. Now I wanted to hang with Jack to see what Dolores could have taught him that Camilo obviously didn't want me to know.

"He does, doesn't he?!" I said, going to the stage. Camilo held me back by my waist.

"Nooo, you don't want to know," He said. I tickled his sides and he laughed and squirmed a little but didn't let me out of his iron hold.

"Man, you're strong," He didn't look like he knew how to respond and I felt his arms loosen for a split second. I felt down his chest.

"You have rock-hard abs too," I noted out loud, feeling his hold on me falter again. Ha, he was a sucker for flattery, but for real, his abs were rock solid, a hammer would shatter if it was tried against his abs.

"Awww, have we all quiet now?" I asked him, getting close to his seemingly unbothered face.

"I'm just listening to you talk about me to my face, it's refreshing to hear compliments from someone other than my mom," And he just admitted that, shameless, completely and utterly shameless.

"I guess now you know how Dolores feels when people talk about her," I said, his hold on me loosening more and more as his guard slowly fell.

"That's right, no one in their right mind would insult her, she knows too much," I quickly took the opportunity to rip out of his grasp but he caught my hand and pulled me back into him, this time he held me under my arms with his hands holding my shoulders, like a backpack.

"Hey, let me goooo, I wanna see what the bird knows!" I whined.

"Hm, no," He said, kissing my cheek.

"Ugh, you're so difficult, you know, you should just tell me what you think Jack knows, that way, you don't have to worry about me finding out in some horrible way," He pretended to think it over before giving me his unchanged answer.

"No,"

"So you're never gonna let me into the prop room again?" I asked. He nodded.

"Just until I can get Antonio to take him,"

"Then I'll go to Antonio,"

"He won't tell you, I'll make him promise, so good luck, Antonio has never broken a promise," He said.

"I'll make it his first," I said determinedly. He scoffed, rolling his eyes with a grin.

(That's today's chapter, a really short one, but I've been given loads of homework this week. I hope you all have a great rest of your night/day! Make sure to take care of yourself, mentally and physically, I love you all! Mwah! <3)

- Author Out! <3

Word count: 1102