Chapter 44: It was our wedding day

CAMILO'S PERSPECTIVE:

I was drumming my fingers on my leg while my papi adjusted my shirt collar.

"You ready Camilo?"

"Felix, you've asked him that a million times now!" Agustin pulled my dad away from me.

"I'm ready," I said with a big smile. Antonio entered the room. He was 15 now and looked almost as handsome as me at that age, but of course, I was definitely better looking.

"Amilia and Camila are fighting again, can I hide here? It's the only place they won't come," He said.

"You need to give Camila a hint, she obviously thinks you're into her," I gave my best advice.

"But she won't take a hint! That's the thing! And I'm scared of what that woman will do if I tell her I'm in love with Amilia and not her!" Antonio pushed back his hair, sighing deeply.

"Then don't tell her, show her, kiss Amilia and get it over with, if you keep her following after you, it'll be a higher distance for her to fall. She needs to move on, and I imagine it'll take a while, so end her misery so she can start the process," I gave my words of wisdom and my little brother looked sadder. Felix patted Antonio on the shoulder.

"All the girls were after me too, it's never an easy thing to break a girls heart, but if you know Amilia is the one, then it's time to let the world know,"

"I can say as the most loved man in the village at my time-"

"You were never," Agustin frowned at my dad for interrupting him.

"I was, and I had to break many many beautiful girl's hearts-"

"You mean the one girl that obsessed over all her dead pets?" My papi interrupted again.

"Ugh, I'm done trying, just... Good luck Antonio," Agustin fluffed his hair.

"Thanks, Tio Agustin, thank you all, I think I'll go with what Camilo suggested, you're all right, it's time to let her move on,"

"Of course I'm right, I'm always right-"

"Not when Y/n's around," I glared at my papi.

"What?! It's true! If you'd all be a little more honest I wouldn't have to comment!"

"Is that my husband in there?" My mami asked from outside.

"Yes, my love! Camilo's ready!"

"Great! Get him out to the aisle!" Pepa sounded very excited, she had been appointed the maid of honour and was taking her job very seriously. I suddenly felt very energized, this was it, this was the time, I was getting married. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I made my way outside to the heavily decorated aisle where people smiled widely at me. I got into my spot with Antonio as my main man. The live band started up and I clasped my hands in front of me, mentally preparing myself to see Y/n in a wedding dress.

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

"This is it, you've grown up so much! I can't believe I'm sending my daughter off to get married!" My ma said, holding my face in her hands.

"Ma! The music started!"

"Don't worry dear, the kids need to go throw the petals first, then all the ladies of the family need to walk down, then it's your turn," Julieta said, smiling softly at me while kissing my cheek.

"We already consider you family, but it's going to be official now!" Pepa said, trapping me in a hug.

"It's all going to go well, and I know the plan if my cousin faints," Luisa winked.

"The flowers are all set, you look beautiful," Isabela said, fixing up my hair from Pepa's hug.

"I can hear his heartbeat and breathing, he's even more nervous than you, don't worry, he loves you, and he's so happy right now!" Dolores gave me a quick hug, the distance between us being great due to her pregnant belly.

"Ben wanted me to tell you not to sweat, he's in the crowd to cheer you on, and I want to say, you're the best thing to come into Camilo's life and we're all so grateful for the joy you've brought to the family!" Mirabel crushed me in her own hug, wiping tears from under her glasses.

"It's time," Abuela smiled at me, giving an approving nod. Jacob hugged my leg, grabbing his little basket full of orange petals and then running out of the house with Dolores's four children.

"Remember, you deserve this," My ma said, while everyone one by one left.

"Hey, I'm going to use my powers from now on,"

"I'm glad, and I'm sorry for installing that fear inside you, your powers are a part of you, I should have never tried to take that away from you," It was our turn now. My ma linked her arm with mine like I had done with hers for her wedding.

"Are you ready?" My ma asked. I laughed at her.

"Let's just go," I said, smiling widely as we made our way out. The light hit my face as I made my way out and that's when I saw him. Camilo was looking over at his sister and Luisa but then back at me with an excited smile. My ma had tears in her eyes as she brought me closer and closer to the end. The priest smiled at us both as I got in my spot.

"You may say your vows,"

"I, Camilo Madrigal, take thee, Y/n L/n, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, but then on for eternity," It was my turn. My stomach was doing summersaults.

"I, Y/n L/n, take thee, Camilo Madrigal, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, but then on for eternity,"

"The bride and groom may kiss!" The priest announced after we exchanged the simple promise rings. I used my powers and made all the flower petals fly around. Camilo smirked and held me by my waist while he kissed me. The feeling of love radiated from him and I projected it back. I was filled from head to toe with a lovely buzz of happiness. I had to pull back after a moment because there were kids.

"How does it feel to be married, Mi Reina?" Camilo teased.

"Pretty great, you?" I asked.

"I've never been happier, ready to eat cake?" He asked.

"You were serious about that?" I laughed, holding his hand while we made our way to the big cake Julieta had made for us. Little kids ran around, hiding under the tables peeking out from the table cloths. Julieta watched Camilo and me happy as we cut the cake and got plates for ourselves.

"The two are a perfect match," She whispered to Agustin, blowing her runny nose in a handkerchief her husband gave her which she also used to wipe happy tears from her face.

"Hey kiddos, want some cake?" Camilo asked the snickering kids from under the table.

"Yes please!" After serving all the little ones we were congratulated by the children we used to take care of when we were teenagers and other adults. Carlos's and Camilo's families also congratulated us, most of the women expressing their excitement for the children to come. Camilo laughed nervously while I rolled my eyes.

"So, when should we have kids?" Camilo asked jokingly. I elbowed him and he laughed.

"Too soon?" He asked. I cracked a smile.

"A little,"

(And that's another wonderful chapter! Thank you for all the kind words and support! Enjoy the rest of your night/day! Love ya! <3 [Again, this is not the end, look forward to more!])

- Author out! <3

Word count: 1319