Chapter 19: Coconut pie

(Snow sucks, it's super cold where I am and I have to walk to school every day, which sucks. So, on another note, I decided, we're going to have some interesting events going on in this chapter, so enjoy! And again, I'm unable to keep up with all the comments I get from you all, if you have anything you'd like to ask me, just shoot me a private email.)

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

"Hammer the nail in here... take it out, and... TADA!" Camilo said, letting the coconut water collect in a bowl.

"Good job, do you know which cookbook the recipe would be in?"

"Ah, probably dessert," He said.

"No duh, but which one, there are thousands!" I said, gesturing to the many cookbooks stacked in the cupboard. He shrugged.

"Just look through all of them, It'll be there somewhere," SO helpful Camilo, thank you. I grabbed a green cookbook with a tropical cover. This was probably the one. I flipped through the pages until I found coconut dishes. Coconut shrimp, no, coconut cake, close, but no, coconut smoothy, nope, ah, there, coconut pie! I looked through the ingredients and started to collect them. Camilo was on the third coconut, draining the coconut water and then smashing them in half. We would scoop out the edible parts and then shred them up. I had made sure to give him a cheese grater for that. Once I had all the ingredients I started to make the pie crust. After mixing a bunch of things together (I'm not being very specific because I'm at school and it would look weird to be searching up pie in the middle of class.) I had a nice doe. I divided the doe and then started to spread it out on the pie pans. When that was done I put them in the preheated oven and started on the filling. Camilo was shredding the coconuts and he had almost gotten through two. I finished the filling and helped Camilo with the coconuts. We finished fast and with that, the pies were almost done.

"We make a good team, don't you think?" Camilo teased.

"Sure,"

"Well, well, well, would you look at that, my little girl is all grown up now! And, she has a special boyfriend!" I dropped the bowl I was bringing to the sink and spun around.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I spat.

"That's no way to greet your father, it's been so long since I've last seen you, why don't you get me caught up?" Camilo was holding my shaking hands.

"You are trespassing, leave now," He said. I had never heard such anger come from Camilo.

"Calm down my boy, I have no ill intent, I sincerely wish to make amends with my family!" My nightmare of a dad said.

"I don't want you endangering this town, leave," I said calmly.

"That's the wrong answer," My dad said, slicking back his hair which immediately fell back down.

"It's the only answer I'm giving you, leave, and never come near my ma or me again,"

"But don't you miss me? Or the city? You can't be happy living in such a... filthy place, look at the streets, they're dirt for goodness sake!" My father said, desperately trying to get me on his side or tempt me in the slightest way. He was sick to think I'd ever come back to live with him, I'd rather live alone in the wilderness than be with him.

"I'm perfectly content here without you, now, leave,"

"I'm not leaving Y/n, not without you," He said, letting his true colours shine. This was the good old dad I remembered, the one who forced me to do what he wanted and would threaten and beat me if I refused.

"I'm not going anywhere with you, why do you think I ran away with ma?" I yelled.

"Because your ma is a foolish woman! I only married her for the company! She's not good enough for you! I'm good enough though, I have money, power, I can give you anything you want, all you need to do is ask. And you remember your friend? Dean? He's waiting at home for you, he's missed you, so why don't you come home?" He asked.

"Because it's not my home anymore! Don't you see, you hurt ma, you hurt me! I can never forgive you, and you say you can give me anything I want, but I want you to leave me alone!" My father scowled.

"You're such an ungrateful brat, just like your ma, let's go," My body lifted off the ground and I couldn't move. He was controlling me with his powers. I started to panic. It was just like when I was little, I was never strong enough, I would never win against him. Camilo was still holding onto my hands, he was trying to pull me back, but I kept moving forward towards my father.

"Let her go!" Camilo yelled, changing into a buff man and trying again. No, I couldn't give up, I had a future here. Suddenly, the whole family came up behind my father. Felix was throwing rocks from his shoes at my dad's head and Pepa was concentrating on a growing thunder cloud above her. Agustín threw a stick with honeycomb hanging at the end of it and a swarm of bees started to attack my dad. My dad angrily dropped the bees with his powers and caught the rocks, deflecting them back. Isabela tried to attack my dad with vines but my father blocked those too. Luisa charged at him and instantly flew back into the wall. The house started moving tiles to get him out but my father immobilized it by standing on air. It was no use, the only one that had a chance at defeating him, was me.

(Time skip brought to you by the worst timing;)

I was asleep in the back of a rich limo with leather seats. My dad sat on the other end. I sat up, rubbing my head.

"The red-haired lady electrocuted you when she was aiming at me, you got knocked out after that, I'm bringing you home now." My father said, scrolling through his phone.

"Take me back!" I said, angry.

"Please don't yell, I'm trying to concentrate,"

"I don't give a damn what you're doing, TURN THIS THING AROUND!" I screamed. My body froze, my dad was controlling me again.

"Your ma did a disgraceful job raising you. No matter, you'll learn to behave soon," He went back to looking at his phone. My who being boiled with anger. How dare he waltz into my life and take me away as if he owned me?

"Dean is your new boyfriend, you'll forget about your ma and other 'friends' and I don't want to hear you complain. Everything will be given to you if you ask and I see it reasonable, which you'll soon come to see, I'm very generous," Pffft, sure, generous, you just kidnapped me, now you're playing all nice? Why are you like this? Why couldn't you just forget me instead? I had to plan a way to run again. But where? I couldn't run back to Camilo, my father would check there first if I went missing. I would need to run elsewhere, just until I know he won't be looking for me there anymore. Or... I could take him out. Which is an impossible hope.

"I had sent an assassin to kill your mother, I disposed of him when I found out he failed. You see, your mother took something very special to me, and that was how I originally planned to get it back, but... I realized if I wanted it, I'd have to take it back myself. You are the very special thing, like me, and you will one day take over my company and over my business. Not just anyone can replace me, it must be you," He said, like he was justifying what he did- what he tried to do. I sat in defeat. Would I ever see Camilo again? Could the future change? What if the vision was wrong? What if I wasn't the mother of all those children, what if I was only pregnant with Deans' child and I was visiting Camilo and his family? Was this the cold reality now? No, no, it couldn't be. (It's not, Y/n's just a little dramatic at this moment, no offence to you <3) (Also, btw, for those who didn't know, Y/n = your name, someone told me that they thought it was the name of a character.... so there is the clarification.)

"Oh look at that, we're home, are you ready to try this again?" My father asked, letting me have control over my body again. I glanced at my feet. He took that as a yes.

"Good, then let's go,"

(The chapters will get shorter coming around 1500 words now because I have school and you also want new chapters every day, so this is me adapting. Don't worry, I know a lot of you are panicking now, but the vision is you with Camilo and your children, and you will get out of this stronger than ever. So have a great, and wonderful rest of your day/night while I suffer in the snow, I love you all!)

- Author <3 out for the day