Chapter 41: Till death do us part

(Above is another Camilo x Y/n fanfic that hasn't been started but maybe worth bookmarking for the future! Thank you for reading! And enjoy lovelies!)

NO ONE'S PERSPECTIVE:

As the days went by, Camilo and Y/n made weekly trips to see how Y/n's ma was doing and get to know the family a bit better. Y/n was feeling a bit better about Carlos and the wedding had come up fast. It hadn't set in Y/n's head that her ma would be getting married today, that she'd really be giving her ma to Carlos. It was hard for her not to cry but she put on a smile for her ma, it was her special day, after all, right?

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

"It's time!" Carlo's sister, Erica said, had been appointed the bridesmaid and had goth Tae and Tray be the flower girls. Of course, the twins had hidden black rose peddles in the basket and they insisted on straight faces the whole time they walked down the aisle. The whole village had come together and I was getting nervous. Since my ma's father had died when she was young and she didn't have anyone else to give her to the groom I had been chosen to do it instead.

"Oh, just beautiful!" Erica said upon seeing my ma come out in her wedding dress. My eyes stung with tears, she was really beautiful.

"Y/n, I'm going to ask you one more time, are you really ok with this?" She asked.

"Yeah, you look perfect, he's so lucky to have you," I said, hugging my ma. I could feel her happiness radiating off of her. This was good, Carlos was good for her, I would learn to be ok with this one day, but 'fake it till you make it', am I right?

"Thank you, my baby girl, since when did I deserve such a perfect daughter?"

"It's time! Come on!" Erica rushed us, leaving out of the white tent with a big smile for her brother.

"Are you ready?" I asked my ma. She shook her head.

"A note for when you get married to that Camilo, you won't feel ready, but you will be, this is my second time getting married, but it still feels the same. When you see him and he sees you, you'll be too happy for words, it's like, for a second after your vows, you can feel the love you feel for each other fill you up," That sounded wonderful, but I needed to get my ma out to Carlos.

"Yeah, well, ma, you're in for that second round, don't leave this one, I think he's a keeper," I winked and my ma gently squeezed my cheek.

"Ah, Pepa was right, you were sent from the heavens, thank you so much for coming back to me, I know it'll be hard to trust me again, but I'm so grateful for that second chance," She kissed in between my eyes and then linked her arm in mine.

"I'm ready now," She said with a nervous smile.

"Then let's go get you married to that candy man,"

CAMILO'S PERSPECTIVE:

Y/n came out with her mother. She looked... My eyes, I think they're on fire. I fanned my face and Dolores gave me a funny look.

"She'll be walking the aisle for you one day, learn how to control those tears I don't want my little brother crying on the day of his wedding,"

"Be quiet Dolores, I'm sure Mr. Mommy's boy will cry too,"

"Awww, thanks little brother, I always knew you thought I was pretty," I scoffed and looked back at Y/n. She was truly beautiful. No matter what she wore, she was perfect. Her eyes caught mine and I smiled even wider than I was. That side smile she gave me was just for me. She looked up to Carlos and then looked back at her mom.

"This has got to be hard for her," Mirabel said from beside me. She had recently started dating Ben who was sitting next to her.

"Y/n's got this, she's always been strong that way," Ben said, watching his friend.

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

My breathing came shorter and shorter as we got closer to Carlos. Then we were there and my ma's eyes were shining.

"I promise, I'll do anything to make your mother happy, and hey, unlimited free candy supply," Carlos said to me. I smiled.

"Guess you better stock up on charry candies," I said, slowly letting my ma drift up to stand with him. The priest cleared his throat and started the ceremony.

"I, Carlos, take thee, M/n, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, but then on for eternity," He said, slipping a ring onto my ma's hand.

"I, M/n, take thee, Carlos, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, but then on for eternity," And when the last ring was put on, the promise was sealed with a kiss. There was cheering and clapping. They pulled apart and I could see the joy in their eyes. I turned and looked for Camilo. I didn't have to look far, he had already been walking up to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, taking my hand.

"I'm ok, let's go get something to eat," I said with a smile, looking over at the huge potluck.

"I smelled cake in my sleep, Julieta worked all morning on it," He said, pulling me up to the line which parted for us. We piled our plates with deserts first since we both knew there would be lots of food leftover to eat after. We got to the cake last.

"Nu-uh, the newlyweds get the first peice," Julieta scolded lightly.

"You're no fun, hey, Y/n, when we get married, let's cut the cake right after we kiss,"

"I'd have it no other way," I agreed. Julieta smiled at us while she stood with Agustin. We left to find a place to sit.

"Hey, Y/n, what kind of wedding dress are you going to wear for our wedding? Cause I think I need to mentally prepare myself," He teased.

"I don't know yet, but I'm sure you'll be fine, Luisa can catch you if you faint and Pepa can get married for you,"

"Ha ha, you're so funny, I think I might bust a lung," He said sarcastically.

"It'll be a surprise, I want to see how much you'll tear up when you see me walk the aisle, you looked pretty close to crying just watching me go with my mother, I didn't know you were so emotional!" I tease him. He chuckled and we ate our deserts while joking back and forth.

(I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a great rest of your night/day! Love you all! Mwah!)

- Author Out! <3

Word count: 1192