1

For the record, I do athletics since the age of seven but I've never been to the Olympics or something even remotely close. Btw. the characters in the story are based on people I know in real life.

"On your marks," The sound of the caller is heard through the stadium, silence as me and the other athletes get in position. My breathing is calm. I hear my heart beating in my chest. "Get set," I raise my body and then the sound of the starting gun is heard.

I push myself away from the starting block and start running. My thin necklace hits my chest with every step I take. I concentrate on the blue 200-meter track in front of me, as I pass another athlete.

I pass the next athlete only seconds later as I run further and further. The voices of the fans and watchers of the competition are loud and you can hear encouraging screams from everywhere. I stay concentrated on the sound of my heart beating loudly in my chest and my breathing.

This is the moment I have worked up to for the whole twenty-eight years of my life. The Olympics. It was a hard journey. Being intersex people always associated my name with 'she-male'. I mean I have accepted that people don't like that I, a woman, am running with men.

If I lost, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal but the thing is that I don't lose. So here I am. The goddamn freaking Olympics.

I pass my last opponent, making me the head of the race. I've trained a lot and I really want to beat at least the Olympic record. I know that I can do it. I've done it at practice. 19.30. That's what I have to beat to break Usain Bolt's record from 2008. 19.18 to break the world record set by the same man only a year later.

I cross the finish line and slow down, jogging a little further, before sitting down on the floor. I see Noah Lyles pass me, meaning that he was slower than me. That was when I realized that I could have actually broken the record.

The results get called and I can't believe it. I really did it! Not did I only break the Olympic record, no, but I also broke the fucking world record! 19.17. That was a really close thing.

Before I can do anything else, I am surrounded by my whole team. My coach Sarah, my physical therapist Mike, my manager Jonah and my best friend Avery. All I can hear is them congratulating me and hugging me. "I did it!" I shout over the loud shouting of the crowd in the stadium. "I fucking did it!" -"World record, Y/n! That's fucking amazing!" Avery yells as he hugs me.

We clear the track for the next runners and walk to the dressing rooms. Fuck, this is everything I have ever dreamed of! All the haters can go suck it! I broke the world and Olympic record! I'm faster than fucking Usain Bolt! To be honest, I feel like the king of the world right now and I don't think this feeling will fade anytime soon.

The team and Avery leave and I take a shower. I still can't believe it. I fucking broke the world record!

Once I'm done showering, I change into some Adidas joggers and my Olympic jacket with the American flag on its back and front. I would much rather wear a comfy hoodie right now but I have to wear something to represent my country for the award ceremony later. However there's still about an hour until the ceremony starts, so I have some time for myself.

I take out my phone and scroll a little through Twitter, where my run is already going some sort of viral... I'm not really that active on Social Media but Jonah said it would be good so yeah. Now I have an Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok profile that I rarely post on.

I'm not really a fan of the Social Media thing because I still get those hate messages from people. I mean I don't really let it get to me anymore but imagine being called things like 'wannabe-man' or 'she-male'. Would you like that?

Then I get a message from none other than Emma Watson. Emma and I have been friends for quite some time now. It should be about ten years.

We met at some charity event and got along quite well from the beginning.

Emma<3

E: Well done champion!!

I smile at the message. and then text her back.

Me: Thanks, hun<3

Those pet names were kinda typical for me. Most people find it weird but I like it. It's kinda a habit I could never break, even if I tried.

I answer some more congratulation texts and then head out of the dressing room area, to meet with my team.

It's still about half an hour before the ceremony begins with the women's ranking before they are gonna start with the ceremony for the male athletes, so I meet up with my crew.

We have a little booth kind of thing close to my dressing room, so that is where I find them. "Y/n!" I hear Sarah's voice. "Come here champion!" She says, embracing me in a warm hug.

Sarah and I had a little thing going on about three years ago but we ended things pretty soon. However, this only brought us closer together. "I'm proud of you!" She tells me after pulling away from the hug. "All the practice seems to have paid off," I tell her, making her smile. "I wanna thank you, guys. Without you, I wouldn't be here today. And I wanna celebrate this win with all of you. So, y'all choose a place, and then we'll celebrate. All drinks and food are on me. I mean the beer here in Germany is amazing." I inform them, making Avery and Mike snicker. "Ah, that makes me remember something. Jonah? When are we gonna fly back to New York?" I then ask, looking towards the dark-haired man, wearing a black suit.

He looks at me with his green eyes and then replies, "Uhm the day after tomorrow. Six in the morning."

"Alrighty then," I say. "Uhm, Mike, could you help me with my back real quick, I think I pulled a muscle or something," I ask him and he nods. "Sure."

"Okay, Jonah could you get some information for that photo shoot next week for me?" I ask my manager and he nods, heading away from the booth.

"Okay, Y/n, Imma need you to lay down on the lounger and take off your jacket and shirt," Mike tells me and I do as told, hanging my things on a plastic chair, leaving me in my Nike sports bra and Adidas joggers.

I lay down on the lounger and Mike starts to do whatever he is doing, making me hiss slightly when he hits the spot where I think I pulled that muscle. "There?" He asks and I hum in response.

"So, Y/n. When we're back in New York, I'll give you some space from practice... let's say like a week and a half. Jonah told me that your next competition is in about a month in New York. Noah is gonna be there too and probably some possible sponsors. And I think getting another sponsor onboard wouldn't be bad at all." Sarah informs me, making me nod in agreement.

"We already have a sponsor though. Why another?" I then ask.

"I know we already have Nike, but I heard Under Armor, Adidas, New Balance, and Puma are gonna be there. Some great sponsors and we'd be dumb if we don't take this opportunity." She says.

"Well, then it's all set. Win this competition and get another sponsor on board." I smile. "Why does that always sound so easy when you say it?" I hear Avery's voice. "I don't know? Why does it?" I say, the second question being more directed toward me.

A/N Here's the first chapter of my new story. Again, I wanna say that this story is loosely inspired by the story 'The Boxer' by 11yourmom11 that I'm reading at the moment.

Thanks for reading. Updates coming probably once a week like with the other book. (On Tuesdays for those of you that haven't read my other book)