14

"And the Golden Globe goes to: Lady Gaga!" Carell calls once he opened the envelope. Everybody is clapping and I look over to Stefani, who seems to be speechless. I can't help but have a bright smile on my face, being proud of her. I can't believe I actually know her. She gets up from the table and walks up the stairs to the stage as the people continue to clap.

"God, I can't believe this is happening, uhm. I- I want to thank all the incredible people that I got to work with, shooting this movie. You guys did an amazing job and we wouldn't be here today, if it wasn't for you. I want to thank my parents for always supporting me and having faith in me. And I want to thank my fans for all the support." Stefani starts her speech once she walked over to the mic the award in her right hand. She looks so gorgeous, standing there. You can tell that she is glowing.

"If someone had told me, when I was around five years old, that I would be a singer and actress, I would probably have have said that they were out of their mind. This is all so incredible and I- I can't even find the words right now. So all I'm gonna say is: Thank you." She finishes and I think I saw a happy tear run down her cheek while she spoke.

She found me with her eyes while she was talking to the audience and I tried the calming look thing she did with me at the photo shoot and I am almost a hundred percent sure it helped a little.

Stefani goes back to her seat and I shoot her another smile, which she sends right back at me. Adam reaches a hand out to her as she approaches the stairs and she smiles a thankful smile at him. I can't help but wish I was the one to reach a hand out to her.

God! Y/n get your thoughts together, she's not even interested in you. Why would she be?

The ceremony goes on but I can't really focus on it, trying to resist the urge to look at Stefani all the time. "Y/n are you alright?" I hear a voice addressing me from my left. I snap out of my little trance, looking to my left where Kat Dennings is seated. "Yeah, I uhm. I was just in my own world." I reply and she smiles at me. "We both know you're trying to not look at Gaga over there." She whispers while the next person starts to announce the next nominees. How did she-? Like how?

"What- I-" I whisper back but she cuts me off. "I get it. She's hot." She comments. "And the Golden Globe goes to..." Tina Fey announces, ending the conversation going on between Kat and me. "Emma Watson!" Amy Poehler finishes and the room is filled by the sound of applause again.

Once I realize that Emma won this category, I go to hug her and then help her to get up. She then walks up the stairs to the stage.

"Wow, this is so surreal. Uhm I can't believe this is actually happening. So, I didn't think I would win tonight, but apparently my mom did, so she wrote a speech for me." She starts and some people chuckle. She takes a folded up paper out of her purse and starts 'her' speech.

"First of all I want to thank everyone who was working with me on this movie. I was very lucky to meet so many incredible and talented people. Secondly I want to thank my Mom and Dad- Really Mom?- for supporting me since I started acting. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here tonight." We all laugh and I have to say the speech really sounds like Emma's Mom.

"I want to thank my dear friend, Y/n, who was so very kind to be my plus one tonight and I also want to thank every single person in my life that helped along my way. That's pretty much everything she wrote and I'm bad at coming up with words last minute, so I'll clear the stage for the next person." She finishes and walks off the stage while the crowd laughs and claps.

Emma comes back to our table and the ceremony goes on as before. I try to steal some more glances with Stefani, trying to not get caught again. "You're not as sneaky as you think." I hear a whisper coming from my left. Kat again. I shift my gaze back to the stage and then whisper back, "I can't help it. She's too gorgeous."

The Athlete (Lady Gaga x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara