39

"I thought you'd be saying that. I mean, it's your job to keep her safe. Not just as her manager/bodyguard, but also as a friend. I know that it must be hard for you to see her partners come and go as they want. But all I can tell you is that I plan to stick around for a long, long time. I want to fall asleep next to her and wake up next to her. I want to make her feel loved and respected. I'll support and appreciate her. I know you are worried that I'll leave just as the others did. But I tell you that I'm all in. I don't share a lot about my life, I mean personally. Things not many people know. But I felt so comfortable around her, that I told her something, only one other person on this planet knows about. She's something special, a diamond if you want. She's tough, but she doesn't have to be. She needs someone she can be vulnerable around, and I can be vulnerable around her. We can let the facade fall and just be us. So, I hope you believe me when I say I love her." I ramble, trying to make him believe me.

This is not a lie. She is the most precious human being I've ever met. An interesting mind, an intriguing personality, and a magic aura.

I love how we can be vulnerable around each other, not worried that the other is judging.

He looks back at me and then looks at Stefani, who is still sleeping. Then he looks back at me.

"I care about her." He says. "And if you ever do something to hurt her, I'll punch you in the face myself. And believe me, I'm not talking slap in the face, I'm talking broken jaw and nose. I'm talking hospital-worthy punch." He stares into my eyes, never breaking eye contact, not blinking.

"I swear by my mother's life, I would never hurt her," I tell him. He's almost as protective as a father. Now I'm kinda scared about meeting her dad at some point.

The rest of the flight goes by pretty fast and Stefani wakes up a few minutes after my conversation with Bobby is over. We watch a movie on my phone together and soon enough we're landing in L.A.

We exit the plane and get our suitcases. It's nine am in Los Angeles, we have a time difference of three hours, so it's noon in New York right now, which explains why I am getting hungry.

As soon as we enter the building of the airport, the hoods of our hoodies go on again as well as some shades, so the flashing light from the cameras are not as bothering. I'm holding Asia in my arms, while Stefani leads Gustav and Koji on the leash. As soon as we exit the building, people are yelling our names. Jonah walks behind us, making sure no one follows us, while Bobby walks in front of us, clearing the way in front of us, leading us to a car.

He opens the door for us and we get in, leaving the suitcases outside for the driver to put into the trunk.

"Everyone alright?" Bobby asks once he and Jonah have gotten in as well, sitting in the seat row behind us, since the car has three seat rows.

"Yup," I reply, giving him a thumbs up. Jonah nods and so does Stefani. The car starts moving and I assume the driver knows where he's supposed to bring us.

We arrive at the hotel at eleven. None of us has eaten anything yet, just drank a few bottles of water or a cup of coffee, so we quickly get our suitcases to our rooms and then get something to eat.

"God, this feels so good! I'm so fucking hungry." I speak as I shove some of the food from my plate into my mouth. Stefani chuckles and takes a sip of her whiskey before diving into her own food.

Within a few minutes, my plate is empty and I get myself another, still incredibly hungry. Once the second plate is finished as well, I order a glass of wine.

After finishing our lunch, we all head to our rooms to unpack and get settled in.

The rooms are quite big, with a large bathroom with a marble shower and bathtub as well as two sinks. A flatscreen is attached to the wall in front of the bed and a balcony with a beautiful sea view. The rooms are designed contemporary and modern, with the newest tech and the most modern colors, creating a nice atmosphere.

"This is beautiful," I state as I stand on the balcony and take in the beautiful view.

"It's amazing." Stefani agrees easily, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind, standing on her tiptoes to rest her head on my right shoulder.

I turn around and mirror her action, wrapping my arms around her waist. "So, what are we doing today?" I ask. "I mean we have to lay low till tomorrow night, so we should probably stay at the hotel area so no one takes our picture," I explain and Stefani hums in agreement.

"We could go to the pool." She suggests. "I mean it's warm and the sun is shining. If we can't go to the beach, at least go to the pool." She goes on.

"Alright then, let's go to the pool." I agree and walk past her, playfully slapping her ass as I walk past her.

We change into our swimwear and it gives me a small flashback of the photo shoot we had on the roof.

"You ready?" I ask, getting two towels from the bathroom. "One second," Stefani replies as I walk back into the bedroom, where she is securing her hair in a high ponytail. "And done." She speaks, adjusting the ponytail one last time.

She turns around and my eyes instantly roam her body, the white fabric hugging her body contrasts with her tanned body.

"My eyes are up here, babygirl." She teases and my eyes snap onto hers, a blush appears on my cheeks. "I was just admiring," I state, trying to make the best out of my situation. "I was just teasing, baby." She chuckles and places a kiss on my lips, her hands resting against my stomach.

"Besides, I was checking you out too." She winks and grabs my hand, leading us out of the room.

The hotel area is beautiful with a lot of nature around, including small lakes and bridges, providing an instant feeling of relaxation.

The rest of the day is majorly spent at the pool and walking around, exploring the hotel area. In the evening, we have a few drinks at the bar and head to our room around midnight.

"This was a great day," Stefani says as we lay in bed, her head on my chest, while some random movie is playing on the TV. "Yeah." I agree easily.

"Tomorrow is the big day." She states, snuggling into me even more. "I'm a bit scared, to be honest," I reply. It's true. I don't know how anyone is going to react. I mean, I only told my family via text that I am in a relationship, not even mentioning a name, and it was more of a side note in the family chat. On the other hand side, I don't know how everyone else is gonna react. I mean what if her fans don't like me? What if her parents don't like me?

"I mean what if your fans don't like me? What if your parents or sister don't like me? We're going public and have no idea how our relatives will react." I share my points of fear. Stefani shifts and sits in my lap, cupping my face, making me look at her. "I already know they will love you." She speaks softly, her thumbs rubbing my cheekbones gently.

"Besides, I might have set up a lunch date with my parents and Natali for tomorrow." She adds as if it was nothing. I look at her dumbfounded. "Wh-"

"I know, I know..." She excuses her cations. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it. I didn't want you to be stressed out about it." She speaks, her voice has an apologetic undertone.

"It's okay, I guess..." I reply, shaking my head in thought, my eyebrows furrowing. I feel her thumb push between them, making my face relax and my attention shift back to her face. She smiles when we make eye contact again.

"You're gonna be fine. I promise. They're gonna love you. How could a person not like that cute face of yours." She says, making my anxiety a little less. She gently places kisses all over my face and I start laughing a little.

"God, I love you so much," I say and pull her lips to mine. I smile into the kiss, making our lips eventually part.

"I love you more." She says, our noses almost touching as her arms rest around my neck. "Impossible," I say, the wide smile that broke our kiss still prominent on my face.

I swear to god, she's gonna be the death of me at some point.  

A/N New chapter y'all. Hope you enjoyed it.

Love y'all

-L