40

We wake up at eight in the morning, the sun shining brightly through the windows, as you can hear the birds tweeting outside.

"You ready for breakfast, darling?" I ask once we were both dressed and finished in the bathroom. "Positive." She replies and walks out of the bathroom in a pair of shorts and one of my shirts. "Is that my shirt?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Maybe." She smiles cutely and we head out the door.

After breakfast, we take a walk around the hotel area just like yesterday. It sucks that we can't leave the hotel area until tonight but we make the best of it. On our way back to our room, we get my outfit for tonight from Jonah and Stefani gets hers for tonight and tomorrow from Bobby. 

As the lunch date with Stefani's family comes closer, I find myself getting more and more nervous. Half an hour before we meet up, I find myself in the bathroom, having tried on two outfits already, just slipping on the third. "Baby, are you alright?" Stefani asks, knocking on the door, slowly opening it.

"Yeah. I- I'm just trying to find something to wear." I reply, fixing my black t-shirt and grey trousers. I look in the mirror and notice my hair is a mess. "Fuck." I curse as Stefani walks over to me, taking my hands in hers.

"You don't need to dress up, sweetheart. Besides, it's warm outside and you're wearing black and long pants. Just put on this." She speaks softly, handing me some clothes. "You'll look amazing. You always do." She kisses my lips before walking out again.

I quickly change into the clothes she gave me, some grey shorts and a green button-up. I roll the sleeves of the shirt up and leave the two top buttons open. I then fix my hair. It has grown quite much and I haven't been cutting it for about one and a half months. I decide to try something new with my hair, pulling them in a tiny bun at the back of my head, and then putting my sunglasses on, resting them at the top of my head.

I exit the bathroom, finding Stefani laying on the bed, scrolling through her phone. She looks up as soon as she notices me entering the room. "How do I look?" I ask, still nervous. "You look amazing, handsome." She smiles, getting up and kissing me.

"I like what you've done with your hair." She says, gently turning my head in her hands. "I was thinking about cutting it shorter again." I share. "But I must admit that I like it too."

"You'll look handsome either way." She smiles, placing another kiss to my lips. "You ready to go?" She asks, grabbing her purse from a chair in the corner. "Couldn't be more ready." I sigh and breathe deeply.

"Let's go then." Again, she leads me out of the room.

We meet up at the Hotel Restaurant, still unable to leave the area, and luckily we are the first to arrive. I pull out the chair for Stefani and then sit down as well, bouncing my leg nervously while biting the skin of my bottom lip.

Stefani's hand on my thigh makes me quit bouncing my leg, but instead, I start fidgeting with my fingers. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here. You don't have to be nervous. I'm with you. Always." She tries to soothe my anxiety and I quit biting my lip.

Soon enough her family sits down with us. "So, Y/n. Tell us something about you." Natali says, trying to make the awkward silence disappear.

"Well, I'm an athlete, but I suppose you know that already. Uhm I like to draw and read a lot." I say, not knowing where to start at all. "When did you start drawing?" She asks further. I think for a moment. "Around the age of ten, I think. It looked very bad back then though." I tell her and a small smile appears on her face.

Stefani's hand is still on my thigh, making me feel a bit safer. "When did you two meet?" Her mother chimes in on the conversation, while her father eyes me up and down, trying to read me.

"I had just come back from Germany and was to do a photoshoot for Calvin Klein." I start and Stefani continues the story. "One day before the shoot, I talked to her in the park. She didn't know it was me. She didn't figure it out until later at the shoot."

"Then there was a slightly awkward situation where she asked me to grab some food with her when the shooting was over and I agreed." I end the story.

We continue the small talk for a while more and chat more while we eat. Her dad eventually joins in on the conversation and I feel a little more at ease with everybody being a part of the conversation.

After we finished eating, we say our goodbyes, and her father pulls me aside for a moment. Okay, now I'm a little scared.

"Look, you seem like you're a good person, but so did most of the other people she dated that I met. And with what happened with Michael, I just want her to be happy and find the one. So let me make this very clear: If you do not want to be that person, leave. All I want is for my girl to be happy." He speaks, his arms folded over his chest.

I nod. "All I want is to make her happy, Sir. I mean her smile is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life and she makes every day in my life better. I promise I would never hurt her. She's been through a lot and I've found that we can both be fragile around the other. I've told her things that not even my own mother knows about. And she's been open to me about her physical pain. I know that a relationship has its ups and downs, but I am ready to work through them and put in whatever it takes. Your daughter is my sun. And I promise to keep her safe." I speak confidently, standing straight as a soldier.

"You better keep those promises." He speaks and puts a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it.

"I will, Sir," I reply. "You can call me Joe by the way." He says and for the first time, I can see the hint of a smile on his face.

"Did he give you the 'dad talk'?" Stefani asks as soon as she said goodbye to her father everyone had left. "What do you think?" I ask and she laughs. "Let me guess, he gave you the 'If you're not all in then leave' speech?" She asks and I nod. "Of course, he would. He has had quite some practice with that one. Hasn't changed much since I was in High School." She reveals.

"I'm sorry that all the people before me didn't mean it when they promised him to be all in," I say as she rests her head on my shoulder while we walk back to our room, having to get ready for my interview.

"I don't care about the past." She shrugs. "All that matters is that it led me where I am now. With you." I smile at her words and kiss her cheek before unlocking the door.  

A/N double update fuckers
Love y'all
-L