28

"Hi, princess." I smile once her face appears on the screen. She seems to be at her recording studio since there are a bunch of instruments on the wall behind her. "Hey, handsome." She smirks at me and I lightly blush at the pet name.

"How's your day going?" I ask. "Pretty good. I just finished recording a song and am about to head out. How was yours?" She asks.

"A little exhausting but good. Practice is killing me but it's worth it." I tell her. "I can imagine... Hey, how about we get lunch together and then head to Central Park? Unless you have something else to do, of course."

"I'd love to, princess. Maybe you can tell me a little more about what you are working on at the moment." I smile. "Oh, you're gonna like what I'm working on, I'm sure." She winks and immediately gets my attention with that simple statement. "Now I wanna knooooww!" I whine. I'm really interested in what she is working on. I mean I was a big fan before we met, and it seems with getting to know her, I'm becoming even bigger of a fan. Well, you could also call it a simp if you wanted to. But aren't we all a simp for someone?

"Calm down, I'll tell you later! You're a big girl, you can be patient for an hour or two!" She teases and I blush a little. "Is my big girl flustered?" She teases further, having seen my reaction to her calling me a big girl. Oh, god I have a serious problem.

Apparently, I'm not much of a patient person, so here I am, two minutes after we hung up, still in my sportswear, on my way to the garage to get into my car and head over to pick up Stefani from her studio. Seems like the internet really knows where everything is, so it wasn't that hard to find the location of her New York studio.

The ride doesn't really take more than fifteen minutes since the traffic is actually not as bad as I thought it would be so that's nice. Now I just hope Stefani is still there and I'm not too late to catch her.

"So much for patient, huh?" The smooth voice of Stefani greets me as soon as I get out of the car and shut the door. "Well, what can I say, I'm a curious human being," I say with a shrug, trying to cover that I was almost in the car the moment we hung up.

"Oh, I bet you are."She teases as I walk over to her and kiss her cheek, knowing that there must be loads of paps around here. I mean we're still near her studio.

Once I pull away again, I take in her clothes, a pair of white cotton shorts and a grey cropped sweater, her sunglasses resting on her head. "You look great." I compliment and she sweetly smiles at me. "So do you, handsome." She smirks.

"So, what is that great news you told me 'bout some minutes ago?" I ask, naturally curious of course. "Getting straight to the point, I see." Stefani teases again. "I wouldn't say straight, but I know what you mean." I joke. "But what can I say, I'm invested in my girlfriend's life." I shrug and in the matter of a second, she looks at me confused. "What? Did I say something wrong?" I ask, not even having noticed that I just called her my girlfriend seconds ago. "Did you just call me your girlfriend?" She asks with a big smile on her face.

"Oh, shit, did I?" I ask, having a mini panic attack. "I like the ring of that though. 'girlfriend'." She smiles, making my fear disappear. "Just so you know, I had a whole thing planned out to ask you. Well, there is a plan in my head. So, Stefani, would you like to be my girlfriend?" I ask, nervously fidgeting with my fingers, looking down at them, even though I do expect the answer to be 'yes' due to her saying that she liked the ring of 'girlfriend' just seconds ago.

"Of course I do." She smiles, lifting my chin to meet her eyes. "Let's get outta here so I can finally kiss you."She whispers, taking my hand and pulling me after her, and I just follow, not knowing where she is gonna lead me.

Some seconds later I find myself inside a small corridor with pink walls, pressed up against a wall by Stefani, who eagerly presses her lips onto mine, her hands on my neck in order to get me to bend down a little to make reaching them easier for her. I immediately melt into the kiss and lean down with ease, following the lead of her hand on my neck. "I missed your lips," Stefani speaks against my lips once we pull apart, our foreheads resting against the other's.

"Me too," I whisper back, going in for another kiss. This one a little slower and more passionate than the fiery one before, where both of us were eager to taste the other's lips.

"Ahem." We hear someone clear their throat a few meters away and pull apart. I blush. "Sorry to interrupt you two but I need a signature for the project with Todd Phillips." I now recognize the voice and the face, only to realize the man now in front of us is her manager, Bobby Campbell. Well, now that's a great first impression I just made.

"Sure." Stefani smiles and grabs the ballpoint from him and quickly signs the document after quickly reading over what the document says. The name Todd Phillips sounds somewhat familiar but it's probably just a common name.

You can feel that Bobby feels a little tense, and so am I. The only one who doesn't seem to really care about it is Stefani. "Oh, ahm. Bobby, this is Y/n. Y/n this is Bobby, my manager." She speaks up, looking up from the paper she just signed. I extend my hand and the taller man does the same. His handshake is firm, almost as firm as the one a father has when first meeting the new boyfriend of his daughter. I mirror his action, my handshake just as firm.

"Strong handshake." He comments once our hands disconnect. "Thank you?" I question, not really knowing what to say and he gives me a smile in return. The situation is slowly starting to get a little less awkward, which is a very welcome thing. Stefani asks something more about 'The Todd Phillips Project' and some minutes later, Bobby is gone again, just as quickly as he appeared.

"So." I start. "What is 'The Todd Phillips Project'?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at the smaller woman standing in front of me, looking up to meet my eyes. "I've gathered absolutely no information whatsoever from what you and Bobby just talked about." I add.

"Todd Phillips is the man who directed the first 'Joker' movie, starring Joaquin Phoenix." She starts and my eyebrows furrow at the word 'first'. "Did you just say the first one? Wait! Does that mean-" I speak up, gears still turning in my head. "There will be a second one, yes," Stefani answers my question, while we start walking back outside. "Does that mean you're getting another acting role? Or did he request you for making music for the soundtrack?" I ask, wanting to know everything about this project.

"Both, actually. If I get the role, the movie has a chance to become a musical." She explains as we walk further and further, not really knowing where we will end up, just strolling around, her holding onto my arm.

"That sounds fucking amazing!" I exclaim, a big smile on my face. "Okay, let me guess what role you are in consideration for. Well, there is only one that I think would make sense so would I be correct if I guessed Harley?" I ask and Stefani nods softly. Harley is my favorite character from the DC movies and comics, so this is fucking great news. I try to not get too excited, because I know that it isn't safe she will get the role, but the thought of Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn? I can already see it in my head. Though she will have a hard time with the fans liking the Margot Robbie version so well.

"My girlfriend as the best DC-Villain. That's amazing!" I state. "You know I won't for sure get the role, right?" She asks. "But the chances are good." She adds.

"In my opinion, you are the only one who could play this role. The multiverse is expanding!" I comment and jump up into the air slightly, leaving Stefani shaking her head while laughing at my antics.

A/N Here's the new chapter y'all. Hoe you like it. I'm sorry that I am two hours late on the update :)

Love y'all, stay gay and hydrated.

-L