33

After we lounge around for a little while more, Stefani leaves around three, heading to the studio for the day and I head off for practice as well.

"Nice date?" Is the first thing Sara asks when I walk up to her on the sports ground. I shake my head, laughing. "Maybe," I reply, smiling like a fool as my mind drifts back to the time I spent with Stefani.

"You sure look like you got laid." She teases and I blush. It's not like I am uncomfortable talking about it, it just makes me kinda flustered. "That obvious, huh?" I ask, trying to get the topic off the table as fast as possible.

We start the final practice before tomorrow's competition and I find myself back at home around six, covered in sweat. I can already smell myself at this point and immediately take a shower, getting rid of the sweat and smell on my body. I decide to head to bed early since I have to get up at six tomorrow morning, so I quickly make some food since I am hungry and then immediately head to bed, reading a book for an hour and then falling asleep.

Six am. My alarm rings, ripping me from my peaceful sleep. I turn around, being met with the sun shining in my face. I'd much rather have Stefani next to me right now so I could cuddle up to her and I sigh when I realize that she isn't here.

I sit up and stretch my arms above my head, groaning in the process. I stand up and head to the bathroom, getting ready. Once I'm done in the bathroom, I head to my closet, change into some jeans and a graphic tee and pack my bag with some joggers and a fresh shirt so I can change later. I also pack my competition clothes and shoes. I'll get my name tag when I'm there as well as my competition number.

The next thing on the list is a protein shake and protein bar so I have something to fill up my stomach. A typical breakfast is a no-go for me on the day of competition. It works for others but I have found it to be less helpful for me personally if I have a normal breakfast. Well, a breakfast that basically consists of protein. So the protein shake works better for me.

Once I'm all set up, I head to the car and head to Icahn Stadium. It's a rather small stadium 5,000 seats. I don't get why there are big ass stadiums like the Yankee Stadium but I guess people just like Baseball more. I never really did though. Never understood the hype. Always been more of a Football kinda person. Not judging the ones who like Baseball though because everyone has their preferences.

The stadium isn't very far, so I'm there in no time, paps already crowding the entrance. Well, here we go. As soon as I exit my car, the paps start calling my name and the cameras start flashing. I pull out my shades and put them on, trying to make the flashes a little less bright.

I make my way past them, throwing a smile at the one or other camera, and take the shades off once I have entered and there are no more flashes. Jonah is already inside, so are Sara and Mike. Avery apparently had spent the night at James' so he will either be coming around later or he won't make it at all.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still quite tired and probably look like it too so I'm glad there is coffee. "Morning sunshine." Mike chuckles. "Morning," I reply and pick up the coffee from the bench and immediately start drinking it.

"Ready for today, champ?" Sara asks and I nod. "Couldn't be more ready," I reply. "So, is lover-girl coming today?" Sara immediately asks and Jonah glares at me. "Oopsie." I excuse my actions. Seems like I kinda forgot to tell Jonah. "Who's 'lover-girl'?" Mike asks, looking at me confused.

"Your two o'clock." Sara comments and Mike tries to figure out where 'lover-girl' is. I turn around as well, trying to make out where she is. A smile immediately spreads on my face as soon as I see her. She's wearing some black jean shorts, a belt securing it around her waist, and a white shirt that is tucked into the shorts.

She's wearing light makeup, the eye-catcher on her face is the eye-liner, that makes her eyes appear sharper and darker. Her hair is tied in a bun, the hair on the back of her head braided up, sunglasses resting on the top of her head.

"I- what? How-" Mike stutters as he realizes who the woman approaching us is. "Good morning, handsome." She smirks, her voice has its usual rasp. "Morning, princess." I greet her back, hugging her, and kissing her cheek.

I can practically feel the others staring at us so I turn back around, facing them. "Guys, this is Stefani, my girlfriend. Or as Sara so beautifully put it, 'lover-girl'." I introduce her and she gives them a little wave. "Princess, this is Jonah, Sara, and Mike." I point to my people.

"Good to have a face to the names. Heard quite a lot about all of you." Stefani smiles. "Only good things, I hope," Mike says, running a hand through his hair. He seems a little nervous. All of them do, but I can't really blame them. As far as I know, this is the closest they have been with someone this famous. "Of course." She says, smile still on her face.

The stadium is slowly filling up with the other contestants and their teams. Official start is at eleven am., so we still have some time to go. About 150 contestants are competing so it'll take some time for everyone to find their spot and get ready.

Jonah heads off some minutes later to get my name tag and number, a chance I use to get changed into my other clothes.

Some minutes later, I am coming back to the changing room, to see Stefani and Sara talking. They look at me for a second as I approach and then start giggling. What the fuck is going on? Are they already teaming up on me?

"What you talkin' about, ladies?" I ask once I reached them. "Nothing, baby. We were just getting to know each other." Stefani quickly responds, something tells me they were talking about me but I guess that's somewhat unavoidable. I could care more though, so I let it slide. "Whatever you say, princess." I smile and Sara gags in the background.

"You guys are so gross. Get a room." She teases. "Oh, fuck off." I tease back.

Damn, I wish I could kiss Stefani right now. But there are eyes everywhere. Damn it. Jonah comes back, the name tag and number in his hands, as well as some more papers.

"You know the drill." He says and hands me the clipboard with the papers and a pen. "Yup." I reply and sign each paper." Basically, it's a paper saying that If I get hurt, the host isn't going to pay for the treatment and that this whole thing is 'at your own risk'.

I hand the papers back to him in exchange for the number and the name tag. I peel off the number and stick it to my leg, the name tag goes to my stomach. I hand the second name tag to Stefani. "Would you, please put that on my back?" I ask and she immediately spins me around, putting the sticker on. "There you go, honey." Again gag sounds from Sara. "Come on!" I glare at her and she laughs. "I'm not stopping that. Ever. You're gonna have to kill me to stop me." She replies easily.

"I'll have you buried next to Avery then." I joke. 

A/N Next chapter. What y'all thinking?

Love y'all

-L