2 | Bea

"Daddy! Daddy!"

"Hey! how's my little Honeybee?" A tall, somewhat scruffy man picks up your tiny body to give you a peck on the forehead.

"I saw a hero today!"

"You did?"

"Yeah!" You grin, your heart swelling with joy. "And he was big! And strong! And he beat up the bad guys!"

"He did?"

"Mhm!"

"I'd love to hear all about it Honeybee, but right now I've gotta talk with Mommy."

"Oh. Well, Mommy's been asleep on the couch for a while! I tried waking her up but she didn't wanna, she just ignored me."

"Let's go wake her up then!"

"Wake her up-..."

"Wake up..."

"Wake up, it's time to go!"

The nurses were unhooking the equipment, and you feel a sudden sense of dread wash over you. You sit up, noticing the man was still there. "I have nowhere to go..." you mumble as the nurses leave.

"You can come live with me, at least until you regain your memory." Something about the look in the man's heterochromatic eyes tells you to trust him, but you're still skeptical. "I'm a hero, by the way. My name is Shoto Todoroki." He gives a small smile, walking over and extending his hand for a shake. "And giving you a place to stay is the least I can do considering I caused this whole mess in the first place."

You gently shake his hand. "W-where do you live-?"

"Only about 10 minutes from here in an apartment, and I have a spare bedroom and bathroom."

You nod. "Okay... I guess that'll work."

"Oh, and by the way, they recovered a bag from the wreck of your car, so at some point I'll get that from the police and give it back to you if you want."

"That'd be nice."

"One more thing... what should I call you-? At least- until you remember your name."

"Bea." You sigh. "Call me Bea."

He nods. "Let's get you out of here."