8 | Nathan

"Y/N, Right?"

You look up from your locker to see none other than Nathan Faust, one of the hottest seniors in the whole school.

"Y-yeah, how do you know my name-"

"Word travels fast with looks like yours." He gave a flirty smirk. 

You blush. "D-do you need something from me-?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to come over to my place and hang out after school today."

"M-me-?!?" You take a step back, blinking in surprise. "Just us or-?"

"I can have a few of my friends come over too if that'd make you more comfortable."

"S-sure-!" You nod enthusiastically. No way you, a freshman, would pass up the opportunity to hang out with a senior, ESPECIALLY if that senior is Nathan. And more than anything it'd give you a valid excuse to escape your uncle.

"Cool. You need a ride?"

You pause. "Yeah, I do actually-"

"Oh, no problem. You can ride with me if you want, me and a few of my friends carpool anyway."

You grin, and your heart fills with hope. "That'd be great! Thank you!"

"Y'know, you should smile more often. Happy is a gorgeous color on you."

In the blink of an eye you were at his house along with about five or six of his friends, some of which were girls. You all hung out, played video games, and had pizza. You stayed as late as you could, wanting to avoid your uncle's wrath for as long as possible. This resulted in you being the last one to leave. He drove you to the apartment complex, but you refused to let him walk you to your door.

"I had fun tonight." He smiled.

"Me too, the most fun I've had in a long time."

"This may be out of the blue, but... are you free next Friday evening?"

Your heart speeds up. "Y-yeah, why-?"

"Would you like to maybe-" he cleared his throat, nervously adjusting his shirt collar. "-go on a date with me-?" 

Your eyes widen and you nod vigorously. "Of course!"

He grins. "Alright, can I pick you up around 5:30?"

"Yeah!"

"Great, I'll see you then!"

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?!?" A cast iron frying pan flew through the air, narrowly missing your head.

"I-I had to stay late for school-"

"If I find out you're lying-"

"I'm not." You look the man dead in the eyes. "I'm not lying."

.................

You quickly fluff your hair, checking your mascara once more before grabbing your purse and heading for the door. You sneak quietly, trying to keep from waking your uncle as you leave. You successfully get out of the apartment, heading down the stairs and to the car you recognize as Nathan's. You quickly hop in the passenger seat, smiling at him.

"I could have come to the door and gotten you, Y'know." He raises an eyebrow as you buckle your seatbelt. 

"No, no, this is fine." You laugh nervously, shaking your head. "Let's just get going."

"Okay then, whatever you say."

...........

"I had fun tonight." You smile, looking over at the boy. "Thank you, Nathan."

He smiles, his eyes trained on the road in front of you. "Thank you for agreeing to go out with me." He glances at you, his hands still on the steering wheel. "I can walk you to your door, if you'd like."

"N-no, thank you, I'll be just fine on my own."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He pulls into the parking lot, shifting the car into park. "Well, here we are."

"Thanks for driving me home, Nathan." You smile.

"Any time."

There's a silence between the two of you as your eyes meet, and you're slowly drawn closer to him. He reaches up and delicately tucks a strand of hair behind your ear and he leans in, gently pressing his lips to yours. 

Your heart skips a beat, but after a moment you close your eyes, enjoying the moment as it turns into a low-key make-out session.

Once you get out, you head back up to your apartment, your uncle still passed out drunk on the couch.

You head to the back room again, closing the door quietly. You pick up your stuffed elephant, hugging it to your chest as you spin in circles, grinning from ear to ear as your heart flutters.