31 | Who Are You?

You sit down on the far side of the bed, staring blankly at the wall. There's a moment of uncomfortable quiet between you, as neither person has the words to speak.

"Do you regret shooting him?" Shoto finally breaks the silence, and you take a moment to respond.

"...He was my only friend..."

Shoto takes a slow step forward. "...then why'd you do it-?"

"I-... I had to... he was gonna kill you if I didn't..."

"You don't know that-"

"Yes, I do know that. Your life was on the line, okay?! I couldn't just stand by and watch him shoot you!"

He's silent for a moment.

"I'm a murderer, Shoto."

"So what if you've killed a few people! I've seen the articles, it was all in self-defense! You've done nothing wrong, Y/N!"

"Shoto, I've hunted down and brutally slaughtered innocent people. I'm a monster."

"What're you-"

"They don't know that I killed them, they're unsolved cases!"

"Listen, I don't care what you've done! The Y/N that I know-"

"THE Y/N YOU KNEW IS DEAD, SHOTO!"

You can hear him take a step back. "Y/N-"

"You don't know me, Shoto." You sniff, trying to keep your emotions in check as you turn around to face him and stand up. "You know nothing about who I am!"

Your heart aches as you see the hurt in his eyes when he speaks;

"So then tell me who you are."

You walk to the other side of the bed, taking a seat as you stare down at your hands.

"My name is Y/N M/N L/N." You take a breath. "Firstborn and only daughter of Amy and Donavan L/N. My mother was an amazing woman, or so I was told, but after I was born she became an alcoholic as a result of untreated postpartum depression. One day, I had been playing while she took a nap on the couch. I thought she really didn't want to get up, but turns out she passed out face-first into the throw pillows and suffocated. When my dad got home from work and realized what happened, he locked himself in his room and shot himself in the head. He died, and I was left to frantically call 911."

Shoto's eyes widen as he makes his way over to sit next to you.

"I ended up living with my only relative, my mom's alcoholic pedophile brother. We lived in a rundown apartment in the slums of town, that horrid place was disgusting. When high school came around, I fell in love with this senior boy, Nathan. He was the only good thing in my life, and we were together for only a few months before he learned of my uncle, who had forbidden me from having any friends let alone a significant other. So when he found out I had a boyfriend, he... raped me. He tried again later on, and I killed him with an empty whiskey bottle. Nathan and I ran away, and we stopped for gas on the sketchy side of town. He was shot, and I was gang-raped. I had managed to steal one of the men's guns and shot three of them dead, and three pro heroes came along once the gun was empty and tried to rape me. I found a metal pipe and beat two of them to death. I tried to call the police and before I could I passed out. Long story short, I was rescued by the head of the underground who took me in and was like a father to me. In his debt, I started to run errands for him, and that's when Charlie and I met. Eventually, I went out on my own, Charlie and I starting our own network."

"Charlie was your friend that you shot?"

"Mhm." You nod, "the so-called 'errands' usually involved kidnappings or murders that were staged to look like suicides, but it's not like I had the choice given that they'd kill me if I didn't stay in the business-"

"Who cares if you've killed a few people in self-defense, Y/N! That's not a crime!"

"Shoto, you have to let me fini-"

"Y/N, you're not a criminal just because you did things to save yourself and your frie-"

"Shoto I caused the accident." You blurt out, cutting him off. "I was the villain that cause the accident on Hashi bridge that day."

His voice gets caught in his throat as his eyes widen. "Y/N, that's not funny-"

"It's not a joke, Shoto." You stare down at your feet. "My assignment was to cause a wreck and catch as many heroes as I could in the accident so it wouldn't look like an assasination. The client gave me a kill list, with full profiles, their cars, and even down to where they lived... and on that list..." you trail off.

Shoto watches you expectantly. "Yes-?"

You take a deep breath, closing your eyes. "The biggest, non-optional kills were: Uravity, Aka Ochacco Uraraka; Red riot, Aka Ejiro Kirishima; Chargebolt, Aka Denki Kaminari; Toshinori Yagi, formerly known as All Might; Shouta Aizawa, Aka Eraser head; Enji Todoroki, Aka Endeavor; Katsuki Bakugo, Aka DynaMight; Izuku Midoriya; Aka Deku; and-" you gulp, "Shoto Todoroki."

He's completely silent, so after a moment you open your eyes and look over at him.

He looks as if he's seen a ghost, his skin pale as he stares at you with wide, horrified eyes.

"All of your other friends... the ones at the party... were on the optional kill..."

He says nothing as tears threaten to spill from your eyes, him still completely agape and aghast.

"Y-Y/N-..." he whispers, his voice cracking. "D-do you still want to kill me-?" 

You shake your head, tears running down your face.

Without another word he pulls you into a hug, holding you close.

"Do you want to change? Do you want to be a better person?"

You nod into his chest, clutching his shirt tightly. "But they're gonna find me, they're gonna take me away-"

"We can talk to the police, I'm sure I can work something out with them-"

"It's not the police that are coming for me," you sniff. "I signed a contract, and I can't kill you so I need to honor it- they're gonna find me-"

"Shhhh...." He whispered, gently rubbing your back. "It's okay, I'll keep you safe."

"But how?! The law can't protect me from the people who don't follow it! They're gonna find me eventually, it's only a matter of time!"

"Then come back to japan, move in with me. Be my partner, maybe someday we could get married and have a family. You can change your name if you need, or you could change your last name to mine. Y/N Todoroki does have a nice ring to it, Y'know."

You smile. "I'd like that, Shoto."

"I'll get us first-class tickets to Japan for tomorrow, you'll never have to look back. But right now we need to get some rest, okay?"

"Okay..."

"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.