26 | ĐɆ₳Ⱡ ₩ł₮Ⱨ ₮ⱧɆ ĐɆVłⱠ

"'Bout time you showed up," you chuckle, shoving your stuffed elephant back in your duffle bag. "you were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago."

"Don't get too full of yourself, in this industry having a big head just means a larger target for snipers."

"It's pretty generous to call it an industry, don't you think?"

"Call it whatever you want, that's not my problem."

You smirk. "Alright Charlie, what did you want me to meet you here for anyway?"

"I had some people track me down wanting to know about you."

"And?"

"Well, they wanted to meet you first, but it seems as though they're interested in hiring you."

"So this is about a job offer?"

"Correct-a-Mundo."

"How much're we talkin'?"

Charlie nonchalantly checks his nails, leaning up against the damp brick wall of the dark alleyway. "Oh, only about 167k."

You roll your eyes. "Enough kidding, tell me the real amount."

"That is the real amount, Y/N. Although they mentioned something about having to sign some weird contract." You can see his green eyes sparkling, even in the darkness. "They said they can meet with you in about an hour, and gave me the location."

"Well then what are we waiting for?"

"I'll tell them we're on our way."

...............

You walk with Charlie through the empty warehouse, the click of your shoes echoing off the concrete and the barren walls.

"You sure this is the location they sent-?" You ask in a hushed tone. "I'm pretty sure this place is abandoned, and if not it's run down as ever-loving hell."

Charlie's messy orange-brown hair bobs up and down as he nods. 

"Are you Charlie?" A raspy voice calls from the shadows, grabbing both your attention. 

"Depends on who's asking."

"I'm here because I called earlier about a Craigslist ad. I'm looking to buy a heliotrope wool blanket."

Charlie nods, leading you towards the voice. "I have your blanket with me, sir. It's right here if you'd like to get a closer look."

"Yes, I would."

You can't quite see the man in the darkness, but once you're within earshot he lowers his voice.

"You're the one who killed six people in one go all in your first day of crime and with nothing but a whiskey bottle and metal pipe, correct?" His voice shifts in your direction. "Y/N?"

"In the flesh."

"Perfect. My boss sent me here to hire you for a very important job, but it's overseas, and you'd have to sign a contract."

"I sign them all the time."

"I mean one where failure results in you becoming a mindless slave."

"I don't fail."

"Good, that shouldn't be a problem then. Meet me back here tomorrow at 11pm, I'll have my boss with me to give you the details. Do we have a deal?"

"Deal."