22 | The Gala

The limo you and Shoto are in pulls up to the curb at the mansion, a red carpet set up outside.

The mansion was huge, and the architecture style felt rather out of place for Japan. Its Mediterranean revival feel was a stark contrast to the cherry blossoms in its gardens, but the sea at the bottom of the cliffs behind it made up for that fact.

The limo driver got out and opened the door, Shoto sliding out first. You could hear the paparazzi's camera flashes, and murmurs of "...oh, pro hero Shoto Todoroki has arrived..." as some of their attention was grabbed by him.

He turns and offers his hand to help you, which you take, sliding out and standing up.

The moment the paparazzi see you step out they go crazy, shouting at Shoto about if he has a comment on his breakup with Gwen.

The camera flashes are blinding, and you hear as one of the reporters yells, "Shoto! Have you started a new relationship?! Give us a comment!"

Shoto gives you a reassuring smile as he guides you along, ignoring the press surrounding you at the event.

You finally reach the so-called 'step and repeat banner', where you can see a bunch of other celebrities being lit up with furious camera flashes.

(Yes, google it, that's the actual name for it)

"Do you mind being in the photos with me?" Shoto asks, under his breath.

"I'll follow your lead."

You stop with the flow of the line, which is one of the many photo backdrops, where a lot of photographers were shouting and asking for pictures. You follow Shoto, who guides you to stand at his right side, somewhat facing him at an off-angle. Your left arm stays behind his back, as his goes around your waist. Both of your right arms stay at your sides, and you turn your heads to face the paparazzi. You give a smile, and the cameras go off like crazy.

You have to repeat this process several times before you can actually head towards the mansion.

It's a short walk through some of the gardens to get to the entrance, so you link your arm with Shoto's.

"See, that wasn't so bad." He chuckles.

"It was all pretty overwhelming, to be honest." You mumble. "But the hard part is over now."

He nods. "Now you get to meet a bunch of rich people who think they're important 'cause they have a lot of money."

You giggle and he smiles as you finally reach the entrance. The security guards open the doors, letting you two in. The interior of the house is huge, but it doesn't take you long to find your way to the huge ballroom which is filled with a dance floor, dining tables, a gigantic buffet (which even had a chocolate fondue fountain) and many people talking amongst themselves.