13 | Karaoke

You take a seat at one of the tables, Shoto and mina on either side of you.

"Alright, karaoke timmmeeee!" Kaminari cheers. "Someone pop the Champaign!" 

"Already on it," Shoto replies, as the bartender brings over a tray of filled Champaign glasses. She begins handing them out, giving one to each person. Shoto takes a glass, standing up. "How about a toast?"

"French or regular?" Kaminari snickers, only to be elbowed in the gut by Jirou.

"To five years of protecting Tokyo." Shoto smiles, raising his glass.

"To five years!" Everyone cheers, raising their glasses as well before taking a sip.

"Alright, I think I know how to get this party started!" Kaminari smirks. "Kirishima, Bakugo, Todoroki, Tokoyami, I'm gonna need your help for this."

Before you knew it the lights were out, and you take a sip of your Champaign as a guitar backtrack starts to play. 

"Yeaaahhh~" Kaminari sings, and Gwen cheers as you try to pinpoint the familiar melody.

Tokoyami turns on one of the spotlights revealing Kaminari with his microphone.

"You are~ my fire~"

"The one~" the spotlight comes in on Kirishima. "Desire~"

"Believe~" this time it was Shoto's turn. "When I say~ I want it that way~"

"But we~" Bakugo's voice was remarkably soft for his normally brash speaking tone. "Are two worlds apart~ can't reach to your heart~ when you say~ that I want it that way~"

"Tell me why~"

"Ain't nothin but a heart ache~"

"Tell me why~"

"Ain't nothin but a mistake~ tell me why~"

"I never wanna hear you say~"

"I want it that way~"

...............................................

"If you wanna be my lover~ you gotta get with my friends~ make it last forever~ friendship never eeeeeeends~" You, Gwen, Uraraka, Yaomomo, Jirou, Hagakure, and Tsu all sang, wine and Champaign glasses in hand.

It had been a few hours, and by now most of you were on your second or third round of alcohol. You specifically were on your second glass of wine, your third drink for the night if you count the Champaign. 

"If you wanna be my lover~ you have got to give~ takin is too easy but thaaaatss the way it issssss~"

You're all laughing, simply enjoying yourselves as the song comes to an end.

"If you wanna be my lover~"

You hand the microphones to whoever is going next as the guys applaud and cheer. You all stumble down the stairs and back to your seats, still laughing.

Deku steps up to the machine, pressing a few buttons before a familiar song begins to play.

"WOOHOOO!" A rather tipsy Gwen cheered from her seat as she took another drink from her wine glass. "SING IT 'ZUKU!"

You smile, quickly recognizing the song.

Deku clears his throat and begins to sing. "Just a small-town girl~"

"WOOO! YEAH!" Mina shouts.

"Livin in a lonely wooorrld~"

Shoto shoots up from his seat, leaving his drink at the table as Deku continues.

"She took the midnight train going annyyywheeeerrreeee~"

Shoto grabs a mic and turns it on, jumping in and singing along with Deku.

"Just a city boy~ born and raised in south Detroit~"

Bakugo appears next to Deku, grabbing his own mic and joining in.

"He took the midnight train going anyyywheeerrreeee~"

They're clearly enjoying themselves as they dance and vibe along with the music, really getting into it as if they were rockstars. Mina runs up to jump in and is quickly followed by Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sero.

"A singer in a Smokey room~"Jirou's voice joins in as she leans over and shares a mic with Mina.

"The smell of wine and cheap perfummmeeee~"

Gwen appears, grabbing her own mic and singing along as well.

"For a smile they can share the night~"

You and all the others join in from the tables.

"it goes on and onnnn and onnn and onnnnn~"

Everyone really gets into it, no longer caring if they even sound good.

"Strangers~ waaaitting~ up and down the booouuulleevvaaardddd~ Their shadowssss~ Searchin in the niiiiiiiiggghhttt~"

You start to clap along, as those on the stage make obnoxious body movements to mock a live performer.

"Streetlights~ people~" you grin, your heart swelling with joy as Shoto smiles at you and motions for you to come and join him on the stage. You oblige, running up and sharing a microphone with him. 

"Living just to find emotion~" 

The look in his eyes gives you butterflies, and you can't stop smiling as you all collectively screech the next line.

"Hidin' somewhere in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTTT~"

You all laugh at how off-key you are but continue on nonetheless.

"DON'T STOP~ BELEVIN'~"

Deku performs a small solo part; "hold on to that FeEeeeEeLinnnnn~"

Everyone sings together again, "Streetlights~ People ohhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~" 

You all try to hit the high note, failing miserably and breaking into a fit of laughter, not even able to finish the song because you're all laughing so hard. The music ends as you head back to your seat and finish your glass of wine.