9 | Pancakes

You yawn, sitting up and stretching as you glance over at the alarm clock.

9:30 am.

'I wonder if Shoto is up yet...'

You shuffle out of bed, quickly changing and getting ready for the day. You're surprised by how quiet the apartment is, and you creep over to the master bedroom. You slowly crack open the door, glancing around before seeing messy red and white tufts of hair sticking up from the pillows on the king-sized bed. Upon closer inspection, you can see the blankets rise and fall with his chest, and you can hear soft snoring from across the room. 

You smile, closing the door again and heading down to the kitchen to get to work.

"Alright, let's see what we have to work with here..." you mumble, opening one of the cabinets.

You scan the shelves, spotting a box of bisquick. "Welp, guess I'm making pancakes."

 You open the fridge, finding a carton of eggs and some milk. You gather the rest of the ingredients and get to work, mixing and measuring until you have a batter. You find a frying pan, setting it down on the stove, turning on the electric cooktop and placing in a slice of butter. It sizzles, and you use a spatula to evenly spread it throughout before pouring in small batter circles. You leave them to cook and go about cleaning up your mess, making sure to flip them once you started washing the dishes. 

You get a plate out of one of the cabinets, putting the fully cooked pancakes on it before spreading some more butter in the pan and pouring in more batter. You return to your work of cleaning the dishes, drying them and returning them to where they belong. You turn back, flipping the pancakes as the smell of melted butter fills the air. 

You grab two plates and two glasses from the cabinet, setting them at the bar before retrieving forks and butter knives from the utensils drawer. You place them next to the plates before repeating the pancake process with the last batch of batter. Once it's poured, you begin washing the mixing bowl.

"Well, it looks like you've been busy." Shoto's tired, raspy voice startles you from the bottom of the stairs. 

You jump and quickly spin around to face him, accidentally splashing water from the bowl onto the floor.

"My god- Shoto you scared me-" you breathe, relaxing a bit as you set the bowl back in the sink and grab some paper towels to wipe up the dishwater puddle.

He chuckles, a small smile adorning his features. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Dark circles sit under his sleepy heterochromatic eyes, and his hair is an absolute rats nest. His slippers scruff against the floor as he shuffles over, hands in his sweatpants' pockets. "What'd you make?"

"Pancakes." you smile, as you finish washing the bowl, beginning to dry it with a kitchen towel as you turn to face him and lean against the countertop.

"They look delicious," he remarks, taking a seat on one of the barstools.

"Thanks," despite your hardest efforts you blush a little, putting away the bowl and towel. "How late did you get back last night?"

He exhales, running his fingers through his hair as he thinks. "Uhhh.... I think around three or four-?"

"Man, no wonder you're so tired." You laugh, flipping the pancakes. "Go ahead and help yourself." You add as you motion to the plate stacked with flapjacks.

He nods, heading over to the fridge and getting out some syrup before sitting back down. He layered a few pancakes with syrup on his plate, quickly cutting a decent-sized bite and shoving it in his mouth.

"Delicious." He grins, his mouth full as he speaks. You giggle, setting the now finished pancakes on the plate and turning off the heat. 

Knock knock knock

You and Shoto look over to the door, and you head over. Upon opening it you find Gwen, car keys in hand.

"Are you ready Y/N?"

"It's only 11:04-"

"Yeah but we have to get coffee on the way!"

"Good morning, Gwen." Shoto chuckled, waving from his seat at the counter.

"Oh- good morning Shoto. Momo wanted me to remind you that the anniversary party is tonight and that they managed to book the whole place for the night."

He smiles. "Great. Y/N, you like laser tag?"

You grin. "Hell yeah."

"It's a good thing we got the whole place, otherwise we'd have to make room for one more person."

"Okay, chop chop, we've got places to be!" Gwen shouts, as you grab a couple pancakes for the road. 

"Sorry Shoto!" You call, as Gwen drags you out the door.