35 | Gwen

Shoto strode into the hospital, ignoring the stares from the staff as he made his way to the front desk.

"I called earlier, I'm here for a visitation and possible patient discharge?"

"Name?"

"Shoto Todoroki."

"Patient name?"

"Gwendolyn Heatherson."

"Psych ward?"

"Yes."

The desk lady nods. "The doctors will be there to let you in. High-security Solitary confinement, level B2 corridor 4 in the south wing."

He nodded, making his way to the elevator and following the lady's directions.

The maze of hallways was mostly empty and silent, other than the buzz of the lights and his shoes against the tile floor.

"Mr. Todoroki?" A doctor called from an open door down the hall. "You're here to visit Gwendolyn?"

He nodded, entering the room which was full of computer screens.

"I thought you two broke up a while ago."

"We did."

"So then why are you-"

"Personal matter."

"Okay then..." the doctor closes the door, motioning to the various monitors on the wall. "This is the live feed of her containment unit, which is right through that door. She's been unstable since she was brought in, and that's why she's in high security; to keep her in and others out. I will warn you, I doubt her sanity will ever entirely be restored, but if she does well with you in there you'll probably be able to get her out. Just don't be too loud, her ears are probably sensitive." The doctor pressed a couple of buttons and typed something in on the keyboard before the locks on the inner door clicked. "You can go in whenever you're ready."

Shoto nodded in thanks, striding over and cautiously opening the door. Once it was closed, he saw her.

The wall and floors were padded, and she lay in the center of the room, curled up in the fetal position with her back facing Shoto. She was nearly unrecognizable, and even with the straight jacket on he could tell she had lost a huge amount of weight. This is what Y/N wanted.

"Gwen?" He spoke softly, and she didn't respond. "It's me, Shoto..."

She weakly rolled over to face him, his heart breaking at her condition. Dark circles under her eyes, a malnourished scrawny form, drool and a bit of food dried on her face. Her skin was pale to the point she nearly looked like a corpse, and her normally vibrant purple hues were once again nothing but a faint, tired, dull grey. Her hair was matted and disheveled, some parts in dreadlocks, and her lips were cracked and crusty. Her greasy bangs stuck to her forehead and it was clear she hadn't been bathed or slept in at least two weeks.

"Gwen... I'm so sorry..." Shoto whispered, tears coming to his own eyes as he knelt down to be at her level, making sure to maintain his distance. "You were right about Y/N, I-"

Her eye twitched and she mumbled a bunch of nonsense at the sound of your name as Shoto continued.

"I'm going to get you out of here. I'm going to make this right."

She stopped mumbling as her eyes lit up a bit, some of their purple color returning.

"Would you like that?"

She did her best to roll over to him, and he helped her sit on her knees as she eagerly nodded.

"You gotta keep yourself together though. No more outbursts, okay?"

She nuzzled up to his chest like a kitten seeking attention, so he put his arms around her in a hug.

She nodded again and he smiled.

"Alright, I'll get started on the paperwork while they get you cleaned up."