24 | Insane

She disappears beneath the balcony, and your heart stops as you freeze.

You feel cold.

You blink and turn your head, processing the literal ice next to you.

"Damnit!" You hear Shoto huff from behind you. 

'He tried to save her-?'

"Come on, Y/N!"

You follow Shoto as he hurries through the mansion and up to the roof, only to be met by Deku...

Who's holding a silent and motionless Gwen in his arms.

Shoto stops dead in his tracks at the solemn look on Deku's face.

"Midoriya-... is she-...?"

"Physically? She's perfectly fine." He nonchalantly plops her on the ground, and she falls to her knees. "Mentally I'm not so sure."

You can see the rage burning in Shoto's expression as he storms over to her.

"What the hell were you thinking?!?" He growls.

She just sits there, silently shaking.

"Gwendolyn, do you know what you've done?!?"

She doesn't respond, so he squats down next to her to be at eye level.

"Care to explain yourself?"

Suddenly she bolts up, B-lining it for the edge of the roof.

Shoto growls, matching her speed and wrapping his strong arms around her waist. He pulls her back, holding her tightly against his chest.

"LET ME GO!" She cries, flailing and struggling in an attempt to break free. "PLEASE, JUST LET ME DIE!" She hits his arms with her own, trying to get them off of her while kicking and squirming. 

"Gwen, what the hell has gotten into you?!?"

"PLEASE SHOTO, JUST LET ME GO!"

Shoto and Deku exchange looks.

"Gwen, snap out of it!" Deku joins in.

"PLEASE! I WANNA DIE!" Her fighting doesn't let up, and Shoto is beginning to struggle with holding her at bay.

All you can do is watch what this once beautiful girl turned Into.

The broken, hateful monster she's become.

"What do we-" Shoto grunts as Gwen kicks him in the crotch. "...-do-"

"Gwen, you need to calm down!" Deku begs. 

"NO! JUST LET ME GO!" She manages to break Shoto's hold, quickly running for the edge of the roof again.

"SHIT-"

"GWEN NO-"

BOOM

'What the hell was that-'

Once the smoke clears, Gwen isn't there and you immediately start to panic.

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU THINKING, DUMBASS?!?" Bakugo's voice sends waves of relief over you as you turn around, seeing him pinning Gwen to the ground with her hands behind her back.

"I'm finally here-..." a middle-aged woman in a dress that you'd personally consider way too revealing enters from the stairway. "Do you still need my help?"

Shoto nods. "Bakugo has her."

The woman runs over, her high heels rhythmically clicking against the concrete.

"Y/N, hold your breath!" Shoto shouts as you watch all the guys do the same.

You nod, following his instructions as the woman kneels next to the still hysterical Gwen and rips a hole In her dress sleeve. A light pink cloud wafts out, and before you know it, Gwen is out cold.

The woman deactivates her quirk and stands up, brushing herself off.

"Thanks, miss midnight." Deku sighs, as Bakugo releases Gwen.

"Glad to be of service." The woman smiles. "We can take her to one of the bedrooms until the gala is over, then we can get her to a psych ward when everyone's gone so we can save what's left of her dignity. I can stay with her in case she wakes up, so you all can go enjoy what's left of the party."

Shoto nods, turning to you. "This is not a normal occurrence, by the way."

You chuckle. "I didn't think it was."