5 | Spare No Expense

The bright morning sun shines in your eyes as you stir, rolling over to sit up and stretch. You look around you, pausing for a moment.

"Man, that was one weird-ass dream." You mumble, rubbing the back of your neck. "But why did it feel so... real-? And vivid-?"

You shrug, passing it off as a side effect of whatever they gave you at the hospital. You slip out of bed, noticing a pile of some kind of neatly folded things with a note sitting on a nearby chair. Picking up the note, you investigate the nearly perfect cursive before reading it. 

"For Bea"

The outfit included everything you need, down to a bra in your size, a small crossbody purse, shoes, and a small makeup kit. It consisted of a simple white cropped t-shirt, flannel shirt to wear as a jacket, ripped skinny jeans, and combat boots. You get yourself ready before leaving your room, hearing the echoes of voices downstairs in the kitchen. 

You make your way down, and notice three feminine figures sitting at the island, all with their backs to you, accompanied by Shoto, who was already in his hero costume on the kitchen side.

He looks up and locks eyes with you. "...and there she is. Ladies, meet Bea."

"Actually," you interrupt. "My name is Y/N."

His eyes widen. "Did you remember?"

"Sort of-... I had a weird-ass dream last night and that's what everyone referred to me as... and it felt right, so..."

"Are you sure it wasn't just memories-?" 

You pause. "...No, I'm not..."

"I've heard that with the kind of amnesia the doctors believe you have, most of the memories return through Dreams as a result of triggers." One of the girls adds, as they all spin around on their stools to face you. Her black hair was pulled up into a ponytail and her eyes sparkled. "I read a fascinating study on it a few weeks ago, I'll have to share it with you sometime Todoroki. The article is quite intriguing." 

Shoto nods, and one of the other girls speaks up.

"I hope the outfit is to your liking," she smiles, her purple eyes twinkling. "Shoto didn't give me much detail on your appearance, so I tried to pick something that would look good on anyone and still be comfortable yet fashionable."

"I like it, actually." You smile, opening your mouth to continue only to get interrupted by the third girl. 

"Well you look like a Queen in it." She grins, her short pink hair bouncing as she prances over to you. "It's like the outfit was made for you!"

"So, Shoto, are you going to introduce us?" The girl with purple eyes looked over her shoulder at him.

"Y/N, these are my friends Ashido, Yaoyorozu, and Gwendolyn."

"You can call me Gwen though." The girl chuckled. "It's much easier to remember."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/N." Yaoyorozu smiles. "But please, call me Yaomomo."

You nod, and Ashido throws her arms around your neck to pull you into a tight side hug. "And call me Mina!"

Shoto cracks a small, nearly unnoticeable smile. "They're going to be taking you shopping today so we can get you situated as far as wardrobe and necessities go. Plus I figured you might like a little girl time."

Mina squeezes you even tighter. "It's gonna be so much fun!"

"Oh, and one more thing." Shoto reaches into his pocket, pulling out a credit card and holding it out for Gwen to take. "Use this."

"No way." Gwen shakes her head. "We don't need to use your money, I can cover it!"

"It's not my money."

She raises an eyebrow, cautiously taking the card from him and looking at it for a moment. She rolls her eyes and scoffs despite the smile on her face. "You two haven't been in contact for what, three years? And you're still using your dad's credit card?"

"Eh, not all the time, but every now and then I do. Just to chip away at his reputation a little bit."

"But won't that leave a huge mark on his credit score and stuff-?"

"Yeah. But he left this huge scar on my face, so I think it's only fair."

"...okay, fine." Gwen chuckles, sticking the card in her wallet which was promptly returned to her purse. Shoto makes his way around the island, leaning over and whispering something to Gwen, who nods.

"Now you need to get to work, Todoroki." Yaomomo scorned. "You're already late, Bakugo is going to have your head."

"I know," he chuckled, handing Gwen an extra house key. "Why else do you think I got into my suit before I left. I had Midoriya clock me in a half-hour ago, so as far as he knows, I'm on patrol right now."

"What are we ever gonna do with you, Shoto?" Gwen shook her head, sighing. 

"Love me and squeeze me and call me George!" He laughed, as he opened the front door.

"I've tried that already." Gwen mumbled under her breath, clearly not intending for anyone else to hear. 

"I'll see you ladies later, have fun!"

The girls waved as he exited, and once the door closed, Gwen smiled. "So, do you not have anything at all?"

You shake your head. "Nothing."

"THIS IS GONNA BE SO MUCH FUNNNN!" Mina cheered, jumping up and down.

"Well, she's probably hungry, so we can stop and get some breakfast on the way to the mall... then we can probably get lunch at the food court, and dinner will depend on what time we Finnish shopping."

"I'm sure Shoto has something to eat around here..." Gwen mumbled, getting up from her stool, heading into the kitchen and opening the fridge.

Yaomomo shakes her head. "I don't think he really does. He usually just picks up a snack on the way to work, or at least that's what Midoriya said he does."

Gwen huffed, closing the fridge. "Sounds like something he'd do."

"Well, what are we waiting for?!?" Mina grinned. "Let's get moving!"

Gwen smiled. "I like your enthusiasm."

Mina grabs your wrist and drags you to the door, and the other two follow behind. Gwen makes sure to lock the door before the four of you head down the hallway and to the elevator. Mina presses the button to call the lift, and the doors quickly open, allowing your group to get inside.

"So... what do you guys do for a living...?" You ask, once the doors have closed.

"Yaomomo and I both work at hero agencies here in Japan." Mina smiles.

"And Gwendolyn here is a supermodel from America," Yaoyorozu adds, motioning kindly to the dirty-blond-haired girl. 

Gwen blushes. "You make it seem like it's such a big deal..." she mumbled sheepishly.

Mina huffed. "But it is! You've been on the cover of Vogue for crying out loud! Three times! Most people don't even get to do that once! You're a celebrity, girl!"

Gwen sighed. "Yeah, and technically so are you guys."

"I was in a hair product commercial once, and Ashido hasn't been in any."

Mina nods. "You have your own perfume line. You have your own makeup line." She grabbed Gwen by the shoulders. "You. Have. Your. Own. Line. Of. Hair. Products."

"...fair point."

"Oh it's more than a fair point."