14 | Losing Hope

(TW: Rape, Abuse)

"I love you, Y/N." Nathan smiles, giving you a peck on the forehead. 

"I love you too, Nathan." You sigh, getting comfortable in his embrace. 

You're both laying naked in the back seat of his car, taking a moment to simply enjoy each other's company after you had spent the past two hours making love.

The two of you had been together for around two months and had gotten in the habit of escaping to his car for your secret intimacy.

"Can I walk you to your door? Just this once?"

You shake your head. "No."

"Please?"

You sit up, beginning to gather your clothes and get dressed. "No. You can't."

"But-"

"We need to get home before our families get suspicious."

"Fine..."

................................

You close the door behind you, silently sneaking through the apartment as to not wake your uncle.

Suddenly his fist collides with the side of your face, throwing you into the wall.

"You Damn whore!" He shouts. "I thought I told you no friends!"

You freeze, blood running from your nose. "W-what-?! I don't-!"

"Fucking Nathan! You've been sneaking out with him all this time under my nose!"

Your eyes widen. "I-I-... I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Yes you do, don't play dumb!" He grabs you by the neck, holding you up against the wall.

He throws you against the floor, and you cry out as your body collides with the hard wooden slabs.

"I'll teach you a lesson!" He growls, grabbing you by the hair and dragging you into his bedroom. He tosses you into the bed and you scream, hoping Nathan was stubborn enough to have followed you to the door.

You hope and pray that he'd hear your screams and cries of agony.

You hope and pray that he'd force his way through the front door and into the apartment.

That he'd rush into the room and be your Knight in shining armor, pulling your uncle off of you and beating him to a pulp.

That he'd save you, and take you far, far away from this wretched place.

You still hold out hope for your rescue, even after your uncle walks out.

Once you're sure he's gone, you gather your clothes and head across the hall to your room. You collapse on your mattress, your naked body shaking as you sob, holding your stuffed elephant to your chest for some semblance of comfort.