25 | It Takes Two to Tango

Hey there! Sorry this update took so long to get out, I've been pretty busy lately. If you haven't already joined my discord server (where we have a Todoroki shrine) I'll put the invite link in the comments! As an apology for the delay, this chapter is basically fan service. But there are some important plot elements too. But mostly fan service. Okay enjoy.

---------------------------------------

"I hope everything with Gwen didn't ruin the night for you." Shoto sighs from his seat next to you, taking a sip of his champagne.

You shake your head. "Honesty it kind of made the whole thing more interesting. Plus," you wave a chocolate-covered strawberry in the air. "Nothing can ruin an event with food."

He chuckles, his smile giving you butterflies.

You figure you should wait to ask him about Charlotte.

For all you know, she could be a figure of Gwen's imagination.

She is insane after all.

As the sun fully sets below the horizon, the musicians hired for the event finally start playing, filling the room with slow waltz music.

You take a bite from one of your chocolate-covered strawberries, quickly finishing it off and licking your fingers clean. You pause when you notice Shoto's eyes on you, and you blush. He chuckles, reaching over and caressing your cheek, using his thumb to wipe away a few crumbs of chocolate from the corner of your mouth.

You both laugh, and he glances out at the groups of people waltzing around the ballroom floor.

"Do you dance?"

"Hm-?" You swallow the strawberry in your mouth. "Dance-?"

"Like ballroom dance. Y'know, like the waltz or foxtrot?"

"I mean, I can try..."

He stands up, holding out his hand. "Well, would you like to dance?"

"I-..." you blink. "S-...sure! Although I can't promise I'll be any good since I have no clue what the hell I'm doing."

"Don't worry about it, just follow my lead."

(Okay so here's a basic example/rough idea of what's happening, but you aren't as tense as the lady in the video.  I have also found myself addicted to watching these)

You take his hand, and he leads you out to where the other groups of people are gracefully moving about with the music.

He holds your right hand in his left, his right resting on your waist as you place your left on his shoulder. Shoto starts to waltz with you to the beat of the music, twirling you around and gently guiding you across the dance floor as you find yourself moving perfectly in sync with him. 

"I wouldn't take you as the type who'd know how to waltz." You giggle.

"Well, let's just say the hero licensing exam make-up course was... interesting."

"Oh really?"

"If it tells you anything they also had us square dance."

You snort. "Square dance?!?"

He nods. "Yup. And disco... and tango for some reason-?!? Looking back I still don't know why we had to do so much dancing. Bakugo sure wasn't fond of it, but he got better grades in that area than the rest of us combined."