12 | In The Heat Of Battle

Adrenaline fills your veins as you run through the maze of buildings, feeling oddly at home with the rush. The gun in your hands feels like a part of you, and shooting it just feels natural.

You round a corner, catching a glimpse of a blue headband in your peripheral vision. They start shooting as you jump behind a wall, dodging their attacks.

"Damn it, Gwen!" You hear Shoto huff, as he stops shooting at you and leaves his hiding spot. "This is the third time!" He raises his hands in the air as he walks back to his base, signaling he was out.

You press on, occasionally glancing at the leaderboard. So far your team is winning, with only five minutes left of the match. You back around a corner, running into someone. You quickly turn around to see Kirishima, and you both chuckle. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I-" suddenly his blue lights go out, and his headband played an audio track in his ear. "You have been killed by Gwenosaurusrex"

He huffs. "Again? Really?"

"Man, Gwen's really on a roll." You laugh, as Kirishima heads back to his base. 

"I told Bakugo it wasn't manly to underestimate her!" He chuckles as he walks away.

You smile and round a corner, heading into a small building.

"Where is everyone-?" You mumble, glancing around.

Suddenly your lights start flashing and your headband starts vibrating, signaling you were getting shot. You jump behind some crates to dodge, waiting for a moment before emerging, only to be killed. "You have been slain by Dark_Knight"

"Who the hell is dark knight-?" You wonder, as you shuffle back to your base with your hands in the air.

You enter, pressing the red button on the wall as your gear vibrates, signaling that you've revived.

You head back out, wandering into one of the structures again.

"We need to figure out where Gwen is hiding," you hear Kaminari say. "It's like feeding an Ahri in league of legends. This isn't gonna end well for anyone but her."

You jump behind a wall, ready to shoot at any moment.

"As long as we stay low she shouldn't be a problem." One of the other guys responds, as they get increasingly closer to you.

"It would be a logical decision to find her location. She's the only thing holding us back from victory."

'There's three of them-?!?' You think, your eyes widening.

"Staying in a group should help as well. Right now they're focused on the group with Todoroki, Bakugo, Midoriya, and Kirishima; which is a tactical decision. They're the bigger threats so that's who their priority is." A fourth voice pipes up.

"I still don't think it's good to use our teammates as a distraction."

"Loosen up, Iida!" Kaminari laughs. "Whichever group gets to the tower first gets the honors of killing Gwen."

"You say that so lightly."

You hold your breath, hoping they'd walk past without noticing you.

"EAT LASERS IDIOTS!" A sense of relief washes over you at the sound of mina's voice, looking over to see her jump out of the window of the building next to you.

You grin, jumping out to join her. "Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double." Jirou's voice finishes from behind the guys. 

"Ribbit." Tsu adds, standing next to Jirou. The first lights to go out belong to the bird-man. 

"You have been slain by Alien_Queen" His headband announces.