7 | Scars

(TW: Abuse)

"And I'll be here to pick you up around noon, okay?"

"Alright, I'll be ready." You smile.

"Bye!"

You close the door behind the girls, the night lights of the city reflecting off the windows as you wander back up to your room.

You check your phone before you grab one of your new silk nightgowns and head for the bathroom. The handle squeaks as you turn on the faucet to the freestanding tub, and you grab yourself a fresh towel. You then get some of the bath essentials Gwen insisted you had to try, adding a scoop of bath salts to the water and dropping in a bath bomb. It fizzes as the water begins to turn light purple, and the smell of lavender fills the room.

You turn off the faucet once the bath is full, quickly undressing and stepping into the water. You get comfortable and relax, enjoying the silence after such a long day.

You catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, noticing the small circular scars again. You decide to get a better look at them, sitting up to investigate.

Your finger delicately traces one, trying to get an idea of its size as you wonder how they could all be so symmetrical. 'Why is that the size of a-'

Your head starts to spin, so you sit back and close your eyes. 

"Come here." Your uncle commanded as he blew a puff of cigarette smoke into the air. You obediently walk over, the wounds on your back still fresh from the whipping he'd given you earlier that day.

Once in range he grabs your arm and pulls you close, snuffing out his cigarette on the bare skin of your shoulder. You wince but hold still as he adds another circular burn to the dozens of others across your body. 

"Now fuck off you whore." He hissed, throwing an empty whiskey bottle at you. You scramble away as it shatters on the floor beside you. "Get out of my sight." He adds, throwing an empty beer can and hitting you in the back of the head.

You run away to the back room, which was basically a glorified closet. The old wallpaper was peeling off, and the only thing in the room was an old, filthy mattress tucked into the corner and a metal bucket to catch the leak from the ceiling. 

Tears cascade down your face as you curl up on the mattress, holding your now filthy elephant stuffed animal to your chest. 

"M-momma... w-why did you have to g-go-?" You sob quietly for fear of your uncle hurting you if he heard; and you pray that your existence would end as you cry yourself to sleep.

Your eyes open again, and you realize you had fallen asleep in the now lukewarm bathwater. You sigh, getting out of the tub and pulling the drain plug, watching for a moment as the water level begins to rapidly fall. Grabbing your towel, you dry yourself off and get dressed, your mind still stuck on your conversation with Mina earlier that day.

"Then, later that year, Gwen came into the picture. She and Todoroki met at this annual charity gala red carpet event where all the higher-ups of the world meet for peace talks and such."

You wrap your wet hair in a towel, heading over to the sink to brush your teeth as her words rattle around in your brain.

"They hit it off and started dating, getting really serious, and within a few months they were living together. They were actually engaged for a while, until they got in this huge fight over a photoshoot she had done that was more on the not safe for work side of things... which may sound petty, but if you saw the photos you'd understand."

You finish brushing your teeth, taking your hair down and beginning to comb through it.

"They ended up breaking up, and she moved back to America. She visits Japan frequently, and like with Yaomomo, they agreed to put the past behind them and stay friends."

'Are you sure about that Mina?' You wonder, as you turn the bathroom lights off and head to bed.

"So do you know if they ever... well, Y'know... were physically intimate-?"

Mina hesitates for a moment. "To my knowledge they were, I mean they did live together for like, two years. I'm pretty sure they were... er... physically intimate on a regular basis."

The idea of Shoto and Gwen together rolls around in your brain, and you can't decide whether they'd never work or if they'd be an unstoppable couple. You climb into bed, still hearing echoes of the conversation.

"Do Yaomomo and Gwen have any problems with each other?"

"No, actually, they get along like two peas in a pod."

You roll onto your side, trying to get comfortable.

"That's interesting." You remark, "I'll have to ask Shoto his thou-"

"Don't." Mina cuts you off. "He doesn't like to talk about it."

You blink in surprise at her answer. "...why not-?"

"He doesn't like to talk about it." She repeats, a more stern tone about her.

You sigh, deciding to drop the subject.

Closing your eyes you take a deep breath, finally able to relax and fall asleep.