16 | Soba

You carefully follow the directions Yaomomo gave you as you work to prepare the soba, as a gift to Shoto for taking such good care of you.

She'd sent over the Ingredients, and you were doing your best to finish it before he got back. She had specified that he liked his cold, and now you were cleaning up the mess in the kitchen as you waited for him to return.

"I'm back!" His voice called, as he closed the door and turned around. He was surprised to see you up, to say the least. "What're you doing-?"

You smile. "Well, I wanted to thank you for taking such good care of me, so I called Yaomomo and she said cold soba was your favorite." 

His eyes widen. "You made soba-?"

"Well," you chuckle. "More like prepared, I didn't make it from scratch, but still."

His eyes sparkle as he hungrily eyes the food sitting on the counter. 

"I hope it's to your liking."

.................

Shoto slurped up the last of his soba noodles, grinning happily. 

"That was delicious Y/N, Thank you!"

You blush. "I'm glad you're happy." You both look out at the sunset giving content sighs. You're sitting on the balcony/patio area, enjoying each other's company.

"So... I have to ask," you turn to look at him. "You and Gwen were serious?"

He nods. "Very."

"If you don't mind my asking," you shift awkwardly. "You two lived together, so does that mean you two were... physically intimate as well as emotionally?"

He pauses for a long moment before replying, "Yes, we were."

"That's what Mina said..." you mumble. "So you two were close?"

"Very." He looks down at his hands. "There was a point where I knew every inch of her like the back of my hand. There wasn't ever anything we didn't tell the other, we did our best not to keep secrets."

You notice the solemn look on his face, deciding to change the subject.

"Mina also mentioned something about a gala-?"

"Oh yeah, the annual Tokyo gala."

"So... what is it exactly-?"

"Think kind of like the met gala, but less to show that you're rich and more to show that you care about people, I guess." He sighs, taking a sip of his drink. "All the figures in media go, big and small. Gwen attends because she's one of the most famous models in the whole world. Bakugo, Midoriya, and I go because we're some of the top heroes in Japan. Yaoyorozu goes to represent her family in the sponsor industry, the same thing goes for Iida."

You nod. 

"Everyone gets a plus one ticket, and it's been a popular way to announce to your fans that you've started dating someone, by having them with you as your plus one. But, then again, sometimes people will bring make a-wish-kids, sometimes they'll bring family members, you never really know. And what people wear is a big deal as well for some reason. The press loves to take pictures of celebrities there, which is why they made it a red carpet event... and it takes place at this beautiful seaside mansion on the rural coast of Japan. It's like, built up on this cliff, and it's really cool."

"Sounds like fun." You smile.

He nods. "It can be. Say, I still have my plus one ticket free," he blushes a bit, smiling. "Do you wanna go? It's two days from now."

You beam. "Sure!... although I'd have nothing to wear-"

"That can be easily fixed," he chuckles, pulling out his phone. "I am friends with a supermodel after all."

You giggle. "So does that mean I get to spend another day with Gwen?"

"If you want."