Summer Love

4 Weeks Later
Aria's Pov

Ezra and I walk out of the hospital and toward the car, just after a checkup for me and the baby. Seeing brand new ultrasound pictures of my baby not only makes my pregnancy seem more real, but also brings both me and Ezra so much joy. My bump has gotten rounder, and with a fitted shirt on, you would be able to guess that I'm pregnant.

We get to the car, both of us opening our doors and waiting a few seconds for the car to cool down from the hot July sun. When we get in, we just sit there for a few seconds, neither of us saying a word. Suddenly, Ezra picks up the envelope from my lap containing the ultrasound pictures. He opens it and pulls out a picture, smiling as he sees it. I can't help but do the same.

"Isn't it crazy that we created that little baby." Ezra asks happily. I stare at the ultrasound picture. It is crazy. Because it isn't just a baby, it's our baby. We created a tiny human being.

"It's hard to wrap my head around," I start "But it's amazing that there's a baby in here." I place my hand on my bump, smiling as I imagine the tiny human being that's slowly growing inside. The tiny human being that the love of my life and I have created.

Ezra puts his arm around me and leans closer, then uses his other hand to caress my stomach. For a moment, he just looks down at my bump, smiling. Then, he looks up at me, his hand still on my stomach.

"I know this has been difficult, and it still will be, but I'm excited for this new chapter in my life. Our life." The bright sun shines on his eyes, making the dark blue colour look more bright and clear "Whenever we get to a rough patch, we'll get through it together." He says after he kisses my cheek. I nod, smiling widely.

"Everything's so perfect right now," I say cheerily "I mean there are certain things that could be better, but overall, everything's going so well. For example, we just found out that we have a perfectly healthy baby." I think about laying on the hospital bed, and getting a clear jelly spread over my stomach. Seeing my baby on the ultrasound, listening to the heartbeat, the doctor saying everything was going great so far; Those things make me so happy. Not being in contact with my parents, the visit with Ezra's mom ending badly, and still not knowing who A is; Those things make me a lot less happy. But at least we haven't gotten any A notes in a little while. And besides, right now, in this exact moment, none of those things are affecting me. In this exact moment, I can easily say everything is perfect.

"Everything is going pretty great, isn't it?" Ezra replies. He delicately rubs my stomach, the smile on his face wide. With my hand on one side of my stomach and his on the other, our fingers touch in the middle, and for a moment we just sit there, gazing down at our hands on my rounded belly. Ezra kisses the top of my head then returns to sitting normally in the drivers seat, putting the keys in the ignition.

"It's getting really hot in here again." Ezra says, immediately rolling down the windows as the car starts. He keeps one hand resting on my thigh, something he often does when we drive.

"Agreed," I reply "Let's get going." We pull out of the hospital parking lot, the hot sun beating down on us through the windows. I run my fingers through my hair, which feels tangled and sticky. I can't wait to get home and shower. As we drive through town, I look at the people sitting outside at restaurants sipping refreshing looking drinks. A mother sits with her two young children, who both sit drinking lemonades through red straws. As we drive past The Apple Rose Grille, I see Alyssa Portier and Braydon Hatley standing outside together, both of which are in my grade at school. Braydon has his arm around Alyssa, who wears tight Jean shorts and a yellow crop top, showing off her toned stomach. I look down at my bump, which seems to stick out more now. I shake the thought from my mind, knowing I'm being ridiculous comparing myself to her. I'm pregnant, there's a baby growing inside me. Being jealous of Alyssa's body is plain stupid. Sure, for a while, crop tops probably won't be my go-to article of clothing, but it's not like they ever really were anyway. Even though I'm ready to accept that I'm going to have a huge stomach, I still can't help but feel a little self conscious about it. I'm excited to watch my stomach grow, because it means I'm getting closer and closer to meeting my baby. But I'm not excited to watch how people react as they see my stomach grow. They'll probably start out as rumours around Rosewood Day, before people can tell for sure if I'm really pregnant or not. Then, as it becomes more obvious, I know I can expect people who I don't even know to stare at me while I'm out in public. Even though it's going to be hard sometimes, I'm prepared to not care what people thought of me. I not about to be ashamed of something that brings me so much joy.