Old Home, New Home

Ezra's Pov

"It's okay Aria." I reassure her. I parallel park in front of Aria's house and turn off the car. Today is the day that we're going to tell Aria's parents. Not only do we have to reveal our news about the baby, we also have to tell her parents about our relationship. Since I'm Aria's former English teacher and her dad's co-worker, we obviously don't hang out at her house and have make out sessions on the couch. They don't even know about us dating.

I'm extremely worried for Aria and how her parents will react from all of this, and I know it will break her heart if they aren't as supportive as she's hoping. I also know that she wasn't expecting me to stay with her, and I hate that she thinks I could ever leave her. Sure, a baby isn't exactly the best thing right now, but I love Aria way too much to just say goodbye. I have hope that Aria and I will figure this out together.

"Ezra, what if they kick me out?" Aria asks. I wince, that's what I'm afraid of.

"We're gonna hope that doesn't happen." I say "But if it does, you'll come live with me."

I lean over to Aria and kiss her soft lips that somehow always find a way to comfort me "I love you." I say between kisses.

She pulls away and smiles "I love you too."

I squeeze her hand "Just remember that everything will be okay. I'll be with you every step of the way. Always." She smiles, then leans over and hugs me. I wrap my arms around her slim frame, then kiss the top of her head. We both stay silent, using the embrace as a way to try and relax a little before what'll happen next. With my fingers pressed into her back, I can feel Aria's body trembling. My heart pangs at just the thought of what she must be feeling right now. At sixteen years old, she has to tell her parents she's pregnant. I hate that I did this to her, that I'm the one who ruined her life.

"I can't do this." Aria sobs, her voice hoarse. Staring up at me, I notice the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"Yes you can." I try and say confidently, although I'm sure she can hear the unsteadiness in my voice "I know you can."

"Okay." Is all she says, her voice barely audible. Although laced through her singular word is enough uncertainty for the both of us.

After gaining enough courage, Aria slowly saunters up to her front door and walks in. I wait outside for her to call me in at the right time, as planned.

Aria's Pov

"Mom? Dad?" I say shakily. My dad sits on the aged couch, and my mom at the scuffed kitchen table.

"Hello Aria." My mom says in her caring voice. But I can only imagine how her tone will soon change.

"I have something to tell you." I say to both my mom and dad "Two things, actually." My voice starts to shake.

My dad looks up, hearing the worry in my voice.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

"It is," I nod "But that could change quickly." I swallow the bile that rises in my throat. My mom creases her eyebrows.

I think of what I'm going to say. First I'm going to tell them I'm pregnant, then I'll tell them about Ezra and how it's his baby. I can't imagine what I'll be putting them through, not only will I be saying I'm pregnant, I also have to say something along the lines of It's with my former English teacher. I feel like turning around and running back to Ezra's car, just to escape what is about to come. It's not too late to do that.

My parents both look at me expectantly, waiting for me to start talking. I force my feet to stay exactly where they are.

I open my mouth, and before I can even think about anything else, the words spill out;