H for Helpful, Not Hanna

Four Days Later
Ezra's Pov

"I vote for a pale yellow!" Hanna exclaims, leaning back in her chair "It'll go perfect with a summertime outdoor wedding."

"But yellow is such a strange colour." Aria sighs "Think of how many unpleasant things are yellow. Pee, sweat stains, rotten dairy products—"

Hanna cuts her off "But think of how many nice things are yellow. Sunshine, daffodils, happiness—"

"Happiness isn't yellow!" Aria cuts in "Happiness isn't a colour."

"But if it were it'd be yellow." She replies "And besides, a nice yellow would pair so well with an outdoor wedding."

"But so would another colour." Aria says sharply "And besides, it's my wedding not yours!"

"But you wanted my help planning!" Hanna defends herself "So I'm helping."

"No, you're just trying to force me to pick a colour I don't want!" Aria snaps "If you want a white and yellow wedding so bad then why don't you get married?"

"That's not the point!" Hanna says loudly "And I'm not even done highschool until next month, and I don't have as much of a reason as you do!" Aria opens her mouth to reply, but I say something before she gets the chance.

"Okay, enough." I say "Both of you, just chill out before you say something you'll regret. This is supposed to be the fun part of planning a wedding, so if you two have a hard time cooperating now I don't know how we're gonna get through the rest of the process."

"Ew, you sound like my Mom or something." Hanna scrunches her nose.

"Sorry, I kinda realized that halfway through but it was too late to turn back." I laugh "But that doesn't matter, what matters is that we all try and get along to make this as smooth as possible."

"Do you like the colour yellow as the accent colour?" Hanna asks.

"Doesn't matter, Aria doesn't like it so we'll find a new one." I shrug.

"But do you like it?" She asks again.

"It really doesn't matter." I say again "We're picking a new colour anyway."

"Fine." Hanna huffs, looking between Aria and I "What about a nice lilac colour? Or even a sky blue?"

"What about silver?" I ask.

"Silver?" Hanna questions "That's not really a colour, do you know how hard it's going to be to find silver flowers—"

"I love it." Aria interjects.

"Really?" I say skeptically.

"Yeah, it's perfect." She gushes "I didn't want bright colours everywhere because the outdoors will bring enough if it, so silver would go perfect as an accent. Silver decorations are easy to find, silver dresses would be perfect on the bridesmaids, we could have the little fairy lights strung up everywhere for when it gets dark."

"Sounds great to me," I smile "What do you say, Hanna?"

She nods slowly "I think it'll be beautiful."

"So it's settled then, our wedding colours are silver and white." Aria grins excitedly. I go to reply, but the sound of Piper's cries from the baby monitor distract me.