Mommy and Daddy Can't Help You

*Ezra's Pov*

"We'll wait right here." Caleb reassures me as we pull to a stop in front of Aria's parents house. Even though it's nearly midnight, I'm not going to wait to do what A told me. The sooner I do this, the sooner I get Aria back.

I walk up to the front door, starting to feel extremely guilty. A repaired relationship with her parents is something Aria's been wanting since she found out she was pregnant, and I'm about to rip that opportunity away from her. But Aria's safety is more important than that, and I'm sure her parents would understand if they knew the full story.

It's eerily quiet when I stop at the front door, the normal sounds of daytime silenced by the night. Without thinking too much about it, I reach my arm out and knock on the door. Everything stays quiet, leaving me to wonder if they'll even answer at this time of night.

After a few more moments of waiting, I hear footsteps from inside. The door opens slowly, revealing a shirtless Mike.

"Ezra?" He asks groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Uh...hi Mike." I say awkwardly, knowing he must be confused as to why I'm at his doorstep right now.

"What are you doing?" He asks confusedly.

"Are your parents home?" I say, completely avoiding his question.

"Uh...yeah, but they're sleeping." He replies.

"Could you go wake them up? I have to tell them something." I say.

"Can't it wait until morning?" Mike asks. I just shake my head. After staring at me intently for a moment, Mike sighs and turns around to walk upstairs.

"Oh-um-you can come in, I guess." He says before walking up the stairs. I nod and go into the living room, turning on a lamp to brighten the area. I look around the room, expecting it to have changed in the months that Aria's been gone. But to my surprise, the living room seems almost exactly the same. They even still have pictures of Aria hanging on the wall. Her parents really are trying to accept the fact that she's having a baby. And I'm about to destroy any chance of repaired relationship between Aria and her parents.

"Mike, I really don't understand what you're trying to say." A male voice cuts into the silence "Why would Ezra be at our house?" I recognize it as Byron's voice, and immediately tense up as I picture what he'll do when he sees me.

Mike walks into the room, followed by an annoyed looking Byron and an exhausted looking Ella. Both of their expressions, however, change to confusion as they see me. Byron's body stiffens, and he stares right at me without saying a word. Mike leads them fully into the room, telling them to sit down on the couch.

"Ezra, what the hell are you doing here?" Byron breaks the ever-growing silence.

"I have to tell you something." I say calmly "Both of you." I look at Ella for the last part.

"And it couldn't wait until morning?" Byron asks rudely.

I shake my head "No. It couldn't." He stares at me for a moment, then sighs deeply.

"Well...go ahead then." Byron says. I nod and take a deep breath, not knowing how to start. All I know is that by the end of this, Byron and Ella have to be convinced that they shouldn't contact their daughter. I hate that I have to do this, but if I don't, A will do something to Aria. And I won't let that happen.

"I just came to say that Aria and I are doing just fine. She was really hurt when you guys kicked her out, but she's moved on. Aria wants a fresh new start with as little negativity and tension as possible. And in order to do that, Aria wants to take a break from worrying about repairing her relationship with you guys." The looks on their faces make me want to stop talking immediately, but I know that I have to do this for Aria. It's all for Aria. "She's asked me to tell you not to contact her, at least until she feels that the time is ready. This won't be forever, but please, don't try calling. She'll talk to you when she's ready." I stare down at my lap, feeling guilty for this terrible lie. All Aria wants is for her parents to accept her again, and I've just told them not to even try. But it's for Aria's safety, I just have to keep telling myself that.