The World's Most Awkward Sleepover

Later That Day
Aria's Pov

I pull into Spencer's driveway and shut off my car. My heart starts to pound the same way it does every time I get ready to tell someone about my pregnancy.

"Hey Aria." Spencer says as she opens the front door.

"Hi." I reply, sounding distracted, although I still give her a smile. Well at least I try. We walk into the media room, where Emily sits watching something on the food network, instantly making me hungry. She looks up and smiles, her dark hair falling over her shoulder.

"Hey Em." I say, trying to sound as casual as possible.

She opens her mouth to say something, but is interrupted by a noise from another room. We all exchange glances with one another, unsure if we actually heard something. When we all hear it again, we know our mind isn't playing tricks on us.

"Did you hear that?" Spencer asks quietly. Emily and I both nod.

A shiver runs down my spine as I picture A, dressed in all black, with a large hood pulled over his face.

Hello?" Spencer says cautiously, peeking out into the hallway "Is someone there?"

"Maybe your parents came home early?" Emily offers innocently.

Spencer shakes her head "The major thing that they left town for is happening tomorrow."

My heart jolts, I can't help but think that A is in the house.

Spencer picks up two foot tall metal Eiffel Tower that's sitting on the side table as a decoration. Holding the pointy side away from her, she steps into the hallway. Emily stands and follows, and I pull up the rear.

"Spence? Maybe we should think this through." I say nervously.

She turns around, the expression on her face looking as though I told her that her hair suddenly turned green.

"Think what through? There's someone in the house!" She whisper-shouts. With no other choice but to keep going, I do my best to shake off the nervousness. I turn on my phone, getting the dial pad ready to call, if necessary.

Just before we turn the corner into the kitchen, the loud smashing of glass fills our ears, as though someone had smashed a window. I exchange worried glances with Emily and Spencer, and we all grab hands and step into the kitchen.

All over the dark hardwood floors is shattered glass, though the windows are still perfectly intact.

Instead, a guilty looking Hanna stands near the cupboard, three plates in her hand.

"Sorry Spence, I didn't mean to drop the plate." She says.

We all let out a sigh, and Spencer sets down the mini Eiffel Tower.

I notice the take-out bag of Thai food on the counter, and make the connection between Hanna getting plates and the food. She let herself in, and the first noise we heard was the door opening and closing.

"God, Hanna, do you know how much you scared us?!" Spencer says, a hint of anger in her voice.

She sets down the plates and looks apologetically at Spencer "Sorry. I'll clean it up."

"Hanna!" Emily says "We thought that A was in the house!"

A look of realization spreads across her face "Oh," she says slowly "That explains the Eiffel Tower."

Spencer stares at her in disbelif, then finally bursts out laughing.

"You actually don't know how scared we were! I'm pretty sure Aria almost called the police!" She laughs.