Funny Little Thing Called Love

The Next Day
Ezra's Pov

Toby, Caleb, and I sit in the cabin's living room and watch soccer on Tv. Sure, it's not really my thing, but Caleb wanted to watch, and with the limited channels out here it was probably one of the best things anyway. The girls went out on the lake in floaties, and Piper naps upstairs.

"I'm hungry." Toby says blankly "Are you guys hungry?"

"Yeah, but we said we'd wait on lunch until the girls are back." Caleb replies.

"We could have a little snack." I suggest.

"We didn't really bring much to snack on, only things for meals." Toby sighs "We should've packed more food with us."

"There's a bag of chips we could open." I say "We have like four of them left, no one's gonna miss if we eat just one."

"Except we bought all different flavours." Caleb huffs "They're gonna notice if one of them is gone."

"We could just eat one fourth of each, that way we'd still have all four flavours." Toby shrugs.

Caleb looks at him with pinched eyebrows "I seriously hope you're joking."

"Well, half joking." Toby laughs awkwardly "I think the lack of food is getting to me."

"Let's just open up a bag." I say "We're hungry, we don't need four bags for one more night, there's no reason we shouldn't open one."

"Great point Ezra." Caleb nods "Which flavour do you guys want? All dressed?"

"Fine with me." I shrug, looking at Toby, who easily agrees. Caleb grins excitedly as he rips the bag open, shoving his hand in and pulling out a handful of chips.

"Pass it." I say, reaching for the bag. He lightly tosses it to me, which after taking some chips, I pass onto Toby.

"Let's just eat all four bags and then deny to the girls that we ever bought any chips." Toby chuckles.

"I'm down." Caleb agrees jokingly.

"Same." I add with a laugh. Through the baby monitor, Piper's cries are heard, signalling she's done napping.

"Hey Caleb," I say "Wanna go get her?"

"Why me?" He replies in a small voice.

"Because you're closest to the stairs." I shrug "And she wants you right now."

"No she doesn't." Caleb says with wide eyes "And how would you know?"

"Fatherly instincts." I shrug, shoving another chip in my mouth.

"Wanna take this one Tobes?" Caleb offers with a laugh.

"I'm all good." Toby replies "Ezra asked you to do it."

"Listen," I cut in, pointing to the baby monitor "Listen to Piper's sad cries."

"But—" Caleb starts before being cut off by Toby.

"You better go dude." He says "Just think how happy Piper will be when you walk into the room." Finally, after a dramatic sigh, Caleb stands up from the couch.